Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever tried using full strength rubbing alcohol for cleaning powder / plastic residue from chokes or gun bore?

It works well for getting everything else off slick metal or glass surfaces.

Just a random thought, gonna give it a try next time I do the every 6 week bore cleaning................

WL

·
Premium Member
Brownings
927 Posts
Anybody ever tried using full strength rubbing alcohol for cleaning powder / plastic residue from chokes or gun bore?

It works well for getting everything else off slick metal or glass surfaces.

Just a random thought, gonna give it a try next time I do the every 6 week bore cleaning................

WL
What do you mean by "full-strength"? 90%, 93%, 97%? Where would you find it?
I've never seen anything higher than 91% in pharmacies.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I really like the brushes Jylon sells. Has a brush for chamber and one for the bore. Just chuck it up in a drill and go at it. No chemicals… You can’t imagine how much plastic build up it will get out. I finish with a fuzzy rod.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,515 Posts
If you clean your barrel every time after you shoot you never will have plastic build up.
17 years and I’ve not ever cleaned the plastic out of my barrels… maybe those extra 1-2 birds per 100 care, but judging by the 98-99 hits, I don’t think it’s the plastic. ;-)

don’t get me wrong. I clean the bluing, breachface, all the other parts. Just not the inside of the barrel.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I hook up a cleaning rod with a bronze brush to a cordless drill and work the bores with number 9. Good enough for me.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts