Trapshooters Forum banner

ROYAL WALNUT BLANKS REDUCED ONCE

3136 Views 14 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Mr.M
Five Royal Walnut 2-piece sets just out of the racks after an eleven year rest while air drying and stabilizing. Royal Walnut is a hybrid of Eastern Black Walnut and California Claro Walnut that was used extensively as rootstock in commercial walnut orchards in California during most of the 20th century. Most display the dark background base of their eastern parent while also showing some of the colors that are present in their California parent. A lot of this rootstock that I harvested in 2009 and 2010 from a single orchard in Red Bluff, California also has a broken fiddleback/bees wing fiddleback which looks to me like the shimmer of a fine tapestry material. Therefore, tapestry fiddleback.

Great black line figure, super tapestry fiddle, a touch of burl and deep color highlight Blank U. Price is $525.00, discounted for Memorial Day to $375.00, reduced to $299.00 with closely matching forend blank and shipping included.

Here's lookin' at you, kid! Dramatic "eyeball burl" in a deep brown base with the inlet area straight grained and super black line flow highlight Blank T. Priced at $550.00 and discounted for Memorial Day sale to $399.00, reduced to $325.00 with an "eyeball burl" forend blank and shipping included.

Looks like Blank Y should have a touchable texture, but I guarantee that the wood is perfectly smooth. Colors from both parents and through-and-through "tapestry" fiddle combine with perfect layout. Priced at $550.00 and discounted to $425.00, reduced to $350.00 including a closely matching forend blank and shipping.

Very nice flow from vertical in the butt to perfect straight grain at the inlet area and more "tapestry" in this "blocky" blank. Priced at $575.00 and Memorial Day reduced to $450.00 with a closely matching forend blank and shipping included and IT'S SOLD.

Colors, figure, stripe, burl and "tapestry" all appear in this oversized beauty. Priced at $625.00 and discounted for Tsers on Memorial Day to $490.00 including a closely matching forend blank and shipping. Blank R IS SOLD.

I haven't listed measurements, but all are extra big since I did the cutting and no one ever looked at the measurements anyway. PM me and I'll give you the particulars. Extra matching forend blanks available for those restocking a multiple barrel or multiple gauge set with multiple forends.

First reservation by PM or by email to [email protected] gets to take one or more of these to the Prom. Don't hesitate, because all of these are packed and ready to travel to the Oregon ATA State Shoot next weekend where they will likely find a new home.

Payment by Paypal to [email protected] or by check or money order to me at PO Box 846, Selma, Oregon 97538. Wishing everyone a restful and reflective Memorial Day. Thanks for looking. Mike Mann
Reactions: N Bare
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Five Royal Walnut 2-piece sets just out of the racks after an eleven year rest while air drying and stabilizing. Royal Walnut is a hybrid of Eastern Black Walnut and California Claro Walnut that was used extensively as rootstock in commercial walnut orchards in California during most of the 20th century. Most display the dark background base of their eastern parent while also showing some of the colors that are present in their California parent. A lot of this rootstock that I harvested in 2009 and 2010 from a single orchard in Red Bluff, California also has a broken fiddleback/bees wing fiddleback which looks to me like the shimmer of a fine tapestry material. Therefore, tapestry fiddleback.

View attachment 1754068
View attachment 1754069

Great black line figure, super tapestry fiddle, a touch of burl and deep color highlight Blank U. Price is $525.00, discounted for Memorial Day to $375.00 with closely matching forend blank and shipping included.

View attachment 1754070
View attachment 1754074

Here's lookin' at you, kid! Dramatic "eyeball burl" in a deep brown base with the inlet area straight grained and super black line flow highlight Blank T. Priced at $550.00 and discounted for Memorial Day sale to $399.00 with an "eyeball burl" forend blank and shipping included.

View attachment 1754075
View attachment 1754076

Looks like Blank Y should have a touchable texture, but I guarantee that the wood is perfectly smooth. Colors from both parents and through-and-through "tapestry" fiddle combine with perfect layout. Priced at $550.00 and discounted to $425.00 including a closely matching forend blank and shipping.

View attachment 1754077
View attachment 1754078

Very nice flow from vertical in the butt to perfect straight grain at the inlet area and more "tapestry" in this "blocky" blank. Priced at $575.00 and Memorial Day reduced to $450.00 with a closely matching forend blank and shipping included and IT'S SOLD.

View attachment 1754079
View attachment 1754080

Colors, figure, stripe, burl and "tapestry" all appear in this oversized beauty. Priced at $625.00 and discounted for Tsers on Memorial Day to $490.00 including a closely matching forend blank and shipping. Blank R is sold PRF. Thank you S M.

I haven't listed measurements, but all are extra big since I did the cutting and no one ever looked at the measurements anyway. PM me and I'll give you the particulars. Extra matching forend blanks available for those restocking a multiple barrel or multiple gauge set with multiple forends.

First reservation by PM or by email to [email protected] gets to take one or more of these to the Prom. Don't hesitate, because all of these are packed and ready to travel to the Oregon ATA State Shoot next weekend where they will likely find a new home.

Payment by Paypal to [email protected] or by check or money order to me at PO Box 846, Selma, Oregon 97538. Wishing everyone a restful and reflective Memorial Day. Thanks for looking. Mike Mann
Mike, thanks for posting. I’m not in the market for a new stock but I always look at your new postings just for fun. IMHO these are exceptionally beautiful and I would think they will move quickly.

· Supporting Vendor
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nitro,

Thanks for the compliment. Starting to bring the Royal Walnuts out of the racks after ten years.

Stable, dry, pretty. Two down three to go.

Mike Mann

· Supporting Vendor
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since you've read this far, take an extra ten percent off the lowest price in the original thread. I'm going to take this listing down on 8-6, so grab 'em now.

8-2 MM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.