Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personal preference. Shot one for about a month and discovered that about 4 places on that comb felt really good, but only one spot broke the target. I found it hard to get a consistent mount where I could lock my cheek bone to the comb. With the rollover I was pressing into the side of it instead resting on it.

Many folks out there shoot that style well. Just didn't work for me.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Same experience for me as daddiooo had above. I call them rolloff combs because on a hard right my cheek pressure would go away. They look nice though. YMMV

·
Registered
146 Posts
It helps out on stocks without enough cast. My eye sockets are close together and the rollover comb make it easier to get into a standard stock and stack the beads.

Joe

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
A comb with a large radius is comfortable but difficult to position your jaw bone in the same place every mount. Tighter radiuses yield more consistent mounts as long as they are not so tight as to cause pain when the gun recoils.Smokit

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a Lujtic with a roll over comb. Love it. It allows you to center your eye better (without excessive cast off) if you have a wide face. Very comfortable.
Art

·
Supporting Vendor
9,952 Posts
I love rollovers, but they aren't for everyone. Higher cheek bones and thinner facial structure seem to work out best.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If roll over combs were so great you would see more of them. They have been around for many years. They are very comfortable but but for many of us it is difficult to mount in the same place consistently....Smokit

·
Registered
15 Posts
A friend once told me putting your head on a rollover comb is like putting it on a womans breast. No matter where you put it, it feels good. Bill Morton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts