Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on Trapshooters so please be patient with me Can anybody tell me if there's a difference between the two triggers in the set and in The release . I have a Beretta 682 gold and going to install a double release . I like the idea pulling out the roller just in case I wanted to go back to release pull. I shoot a standard release in my mono Gun. Thanks to all who contributed to this

·
Banned
890 Posts
Not sure why you would want to go back to the trigger that you were having enough trouble with to move you to a double release.

Reactions: Craig51

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
I shoot a roller, release/pull trigger and they are easy to change but again why would you want to?

I don't need the release but I tried if for shooting doubles and love it so I have stuck with it. That was three years ago.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
There are good reasons to be concerned about the quality of the resulting pull triggers following a release conversion - you hand the gun down to offspring or want to sell it. I had a Krieghoff with their releases that I gave to my son and the pull triggers were so bad I had to have expensive parts replaced.

I have a Beretta 687 SPII with Allem's Roller Releases and they do feel better than "standard" releases. Just crisper, if that makes sense, and the adjustability available through roller size changes is a huge benefit.

Ed

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Craig most guys who shoot the Roller release really like them.
The ability to change the roller to adjust the speed of the trigger is a big plus.

Seems like a roller will give you some options.

Its All Good
West

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
I am continuously amazed at the sensitivity of some people. For me releases are of two types - too fast and OK.

The amount of motion in a release at the contact point where a roller interfaces is maybe 1mm - maybe. I put a little grease on that area and it works fine. Why someone would spend a few hundred extra $ and complicate something REALLY simple is beyond me if they have a tube of gunslick.

JMO of course

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Ed what roller size would I need for a double release to start with
John Allem Jr., who builds their releases, installed number two rollers because I told him I liked my releases fast but not scary-fast and I never felt a change was needed. Frankly, I think that a slow release will encourage flinching.

Ed

·
Registered
433 Posts
had allem install dbl roller release on 682 gold and when rollers were removed the pull triggers were very good. Pricey but worth it if your keeping gun for a long time. Otherwise get Phillip to convert. my 2 cents jim w.

·
Registered
594 Posts
The advantages of the Roller Release...

If you wish to either speed up or slow down the release, it is a simple matter that the owner can do himself. No shipping and insurance to pay or time lost with your gun.

If you decide to go back to pull...it is a simple matter to remove the roller and once again, no shipping and insurance and lost time. Your pull triggers will feel like the factory pull trigger.

If you ever decide to sell or trade the gun...you double the number of customers due to the fact that it can easily be changed back to pull.

Once their installed...you don't need additional parts and labor to go from pull to release or vice versa.

Vern

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like I'm going to go to a roller release on my Beretta . that way my grandkids can take it off when I pass it on to them . Thanks everybody

1 - 13 of 13 Posts