Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roger Finkle passed away this morning they will have a celebration of life the Friday of the Oklahoma state shoot. Those of you who knew Roger know he was a big promoter of the Ok state shoot and he was a caricature. Those of you who did not ever get the pleasure of meeting Roger missed out on meeting someone you would not forget. Rest In Peace Roger you were a very good friend and will be missed .

Phillip Crenwelge

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
OMG hard to believe. Always visited with him at the NE State Shoot. We talked fishing a lot. Will truly miss him.
Thanks for posting, Phillip.
Steve

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
He pulled the greatest prank at the spring grand about 20 years ago. Legendary. One of best guys you could ever meet in your lifetime. RIP my friend. You will be missed. Rick Kobayashi.

·
Vendor
2,170 Posts
Roger was one of a kind, he had a tremendous memory, sense of humor, he was a promoter of shooting and always could tell a funny story. I think if it was above 40 degrees F he always had on flip flops.

I will miss him and predict there will be many tears shed on the Friday.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Roger always stopped by our trailer, for breakfast, for a snack, and for bull....
Truly a great promoter of the sport, humorist, historian, and all-around good friend.......Carol and I will most certainly miss his visits and humor.
Rest in peace, my friend.........Carol and Merlyn....... p.s. Roger and I had some good times around the lake area. He once told a bar owner, who was becoming a bit miffed with us, that "I've been throwed INTO better places than this!!" LOL....

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
My heart is very heavy reading of the passing of my Friend Roger . He was truly a very nice person . We both shared a love for Oklahoma State University sports . First met him in 1984 . We hit it off from the start . Where ever he was set up selling guns I would always tell his customers.... "You Will Never Feel Like Your Shorts Are In A Wrinkle When You Do Business With ROGER FINKLE" . Gods speed my friend . I will carry your memory with me the rest of my days and smile with both my heart and my face when I think of you . We have lost one of the good one`s .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roger Finkle was a friend, to me and all of trapshooting, especially to OTA. During the past 30 years, and his many ways of supporting OTA, Rogers contributions could not be counted. When I received the email this morning, my first thought was, I had lost a friend. Then the thought, trapshooting had lost a supporter. And, then the fact that he had been ill and is now free to wear flip flops wherever he wants to. Well, he did that anyway.

How did Roger support trapshooting in Oklahoma - time, money and total effort. During my time as President of OTA, Roger worked tirelessly during the Mid West Grand, State Shoot, Southwest Grand, 4-H shoots and any scheduled event. How do you remember a friend like that? Hopefully by letting people know what he accomplished during the time he supported our sport. Roger, my friend, today I think about the old song -- " and now the time has come......I did it my way". God Speed.

Now, a Roger story, one time he was having name badges made for the state shoot and never could spell my last name correctly. We darn near used up the plastic badge supply for the state of Oklahoma. Finally, I spelled it out for him -- Diet - e - rich, I still have that badge. From that day forward guess what he called me. You got it!

George Dieterich

·
Registered
282 Posts
Roger and I shared vendor spots a number of times for a few years and I got to appreciate what a character he was. He and I shared the enjoyment of helping youth shooters. My help was more technical based and Roger's was more about making it fun for the youth. A lot of the 'fun' part of Roger were the endless stories he could tell, especially if the youth were around. I haven't known many who could keep a group of teenagers completely riveted to a series of stories. He was all business in his support for the OTA and they were fortunate to have his dedication. Businessman, supporter of trapshooting, story teller, character - Roger was all of those things (and probably more). RIP, Roger.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sorry to hear about Roger, he had been a past president of OTA, and was one of those persons that was always working in the background and that made sure things happened

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
A true legend in the trapshooting world. I knew Roger for a long time; always friendly, kind and full of funny stories. They just don't make 'em like him very often. RIP.

Scott Hanes

1 - 20 of 27 Posts