Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm not in the "KISS Army" or really a fan, I can appreciate the HUGE commercial machine that they built over the past 40 years. Finally after being eligible for the past 15 years, KISS was voted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame yesterday. Their acceptance speech ought to be hilarious! Maybe time to retire?

blade819

·
Supporting Vendor
9,957 Posts
Probably the most overrated band in the history of Rock n Roll, but obviously incredible business men. They really are nothing special when it comes to talents of any kind.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tron... I agree totally with you. However, their stamina, stage presence and commercial $$$ intake is record setting. I did see them a number of years ago when they were touring with Aerosmith and Aerosmith blew them away. Of course Joe Perry didn't spit blood while he was hovering above the crowd! :eek:)

blade819

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Talent means nothing to the hall of fame,if it did Stevie Ray Vaughn would have been in long before Kiss or Abba or Public enemy or Madonna ever were.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree with Doug. Gene Simmons was born in Israel but he has a tremendous appreciation for America and especially the troops. Glad to see it.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim:

He immigrated to the US with his Mother when he was a Baby. He also is quite the gentleman. He opened a door at the MGM Grand for my wife. She was unaware who it was and she said thank you and he said you're welcome mam.

blade819

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
blade819,

You better be lucky he didn't ask her out. I heard he was a huge ladies man. Yes, I didn't and don't care much for their music, but I did see them live! Awesome show! I became a fan!

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don... being from Northern Indiana (Chicago suburb) I agree with you. I saw them in 1969 and a few of them are still in the band.

blade819

·
Registered
288 Posts
The Hall of Fame is cool. Every hall of fame for everything......has notable omissions, and questionable inductees.........the fun part is being a fan and enjoying taking part in the discussions. If you've never been to Cleveland and checked out the rock and roll hall of fame .....you should go. And get there at 10 am when it opens.....because it wil literally take you all day to see and appreciate it all before they close at 5 pm.....check it out. Great place.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Its nice to see them make it. As Tron said, They are a so-so band music wise, But with that said, they put on the best concert I've ever seen bar-none!!! I saw them when I was 17 years old and we still did not know who they were.(big mystery added to enjoyment) The light show and blood spitting as well there other visual displays left a long lasting impression far more than any concert "music" could. Of course being only a few rows back from the stage and catching a shirt thrown my way didn't affect my decision at all. LOL. Really nice showering sparkler like stage show was great!!! But with that said, I can't remember not one of there songs. break em all. Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts