Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see where Rock Island is now importing some stuff rather than making it in the Philippines. The stuff they make in the Philippines has a reputation for bare bones price but serviceable quality (their 1911s and .38 Special revolvers). I was wondering where the over and under shotgun comes from. Is it Turkish?

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
As with many companies that are trying to spread out in the shotgun market getting a entry level sporter on the market is a way to test the market.

With so many great used shotguns on the market the question to be asked is why would someone want to buy a Rock River me too sporter?? I understand everyone operates on a different budget but the general looks and the lack luster effort by Rock River on these indicates to me a attitude of if you want it great...…..it you don't.....we really do not make our money on these anyway.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I doubt if an aluminum receiver O/U will stand up well to high volume clays shooting
Kriegoff made some k80 with aluminum. I think they were a "light" version. Don't know how they held up, but I've seen a couple of them on the line.

·
Registered
703 Posts
My Daughter shoots thousands of rounds each year and her Krieghoff is a 2013 Lite Weight. The receiver is 14oz lighter than any of my steel K80's, however I do not think an entry level "Johnny come lately" will hold up. I did not even like the Browning light weight receivers. Just my .02 worth. Andy

·
Registered
194 Posts
It looks like a Turkish Turd

Reactions: 460Ford
1 - 8 of 8 Posts