Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
That was a pretty disgusting remark, Dick Clark made a lot of us old farts feel young again. He will be missed., as well of the times best music & the best looking girls,

Phil Berkowitz

·
Molon Labe
11,981 Posts
RIP Dick

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grntitan..... we need to suck down a few brewskies next August and discuss life's philosophies. :eek:)

blade819

·
Registered
671 Posts
Growing up watching American Bandstand right after school was a must see.
Great times for us old farts. lol

R.I.P. Dick

avery

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
WOOOOOO Horsey WOOOOO.

I never said I was elated he passed. I can be a d*ckhead sometimes but I'm not that harsh. I was misunderstood with my statement. I in fact liked Dick Clark. I watched Amercian Bandstand as a young boy too. The simple fact is, he didn't make my New Years Eve's any better. That's all.

RIP Dick

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hell that's how I learned how to dance. I was the first Boy Scout to ask a Girl Scout to dance out of the entire troop in 1960. Those were the days!

blade819

·
Registered
29,269 Posts
I watched American Bandstand during the 50's, up to the mid 60's. It came on around 4PM and was fun to watch after getting home from school.

After the English Invasion, there were all kinds of music shows like AB in the evening(prime time) and the market got saturated and I lost interest.

I think AB "jumped the shark" for me when Lou Christie sang "Lightin Strikes" while dressed in a Batman costume. As I recall he was in a harness, suspended in the air.

Dick Clark also had a show on during the summer in the mid 60's, when the kids were out of school, sorta like AB at the beach, but danged if I can remember the name of the show. "Where The Action Is" ???

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
American Bandstand and Dick Clark. A bit of Americania and a part of us has gone on. Face it. If we can remember American Bandstand, we are getting along in years.

·
Registered
29,269 Posts
We long for simpler times that were less stressful

As backward as the 50's seem now, I long for them when we had prop driven airplanes, steam locomotives, 57 Chevies and watchin' Gunsmoke on Saturday night, while eating a sack of White Castles.

We felt safe with Ike in the White House and were not exposed to the filth we see around us now.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rick..Where the Action Is.... correct! Paul Revere and the Raiders use to be on it constantly. In Summer of 1966 (before my war) I saw the Dick Clark Calvacade of Stars at the Chicago McCormick Place. Paul Revere and the Raiders, Byrds, We Five, Lovin Spoonfulls, Turtles, all MC'd by Dick Clark. Each band sang about 3 songs. I was an innocent chubby kid from Northern Indiana. That would all change in 10 months while in Southeast Asia.

blade819

·
Registered
29,269 Posts
Where abouts in Indiana?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.