Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I purchased 3 flats of Rio #8s, 1 1/8 oz loads, 1150 fps. I have been through about 25 boxes so far.... then came across this one. It happened to be the last shot of the day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
That's exactly why.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rio was very very responsive. I sent them an email last night and received a very thoughtful and personal reply with an explanation this morning.

They are aware of this problem and are working toward a resolution.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is not new, had one like that 3 years ago wrote to Rio still waiting for a reply, apparently the problem is still not corrected

·
Registered
191 Posts
I buy almost 2 pallets ( 200+ flats) of RIO shells per year, for my friends & I. I have yet to see one like that. Anything that is made is such volume, is bound to have a hiccup now & then.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If these were hand loads, I would be concerned, as they are done one at a time. But when a machine punches out 100s/1000s per minute, you are bound to have foul ball now & then. 15+ years ago, when I was a firearms instructor for the PA State Police, we received several 500 count cases of Federal 40 cal auto ammo, all with the bullet inverted. Just something that slipped through QC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not at 30 flats like some folks above between me and folks I shoot with we've shot quite a few flats of the RIOs and never seen anything like that not had a failure to fire or other issue and between the lot of us we're firing a bunch of "different" guns lol I do like some of the Remington and Winchester loads better, but when I can pick the RIO's cheap I pick up a bunch of flats.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I had some that were swelled on one side. Must have gone through the machine a little crooked. Couldn't put them in the chamber.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts