Trapshooters Forum banner

Rio Hulls

1309 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Nebs
Are these straight wall hulls?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13,542 Posts
Yes, There strait walled hulls.

Yes, Your going to need to use a Rio or a Nobel Sport primer. American sized primers will fall out of the primer pocket. Euro shells have a larger primer pocket than American made shells.

PS: I'm pretty sure Winchester HS hulls all have a strait wall now as well!!! break em all Jeff

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a thousand rio primers and several hulls. I tried to sell them and the hulls for less than the price of the primers before this shortage no takers.
I might put them in the auction i saw 600 chedite that were at 60 last time l looked.

· Registered
2,399 Posts
As usual..Pull and Mark is correct. When he says the American primers will fall out of the Rio hull, he ain't kidding. If you ever use a Rio primer in a hull and try to use a Winchester, Fed, Rem, or Cheddite, it WILL fall out IN THE LOADER before it goes all the way around the turret.
On the other hand, I load a lot of Federal papers and after a load or two they begin to leak around the primer. I use Rio's after one loading and toss them. Works great, no leakage.

p.s. I bought 10,000 Rio's in a real deal several years ago and everybody said I was nuts (I am by the way) but I gave $.80/100. That's right $8.00/1000. Looks pretty good now!

· Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Yes, There strait walled hulls.

Yes, Your going to need to use a Rio or a Nobel Sport primer. American sized primers will fall out of the primer pocket. Euro shells have a larger primer pocket than American made shells.

PS: I'm pretty sure Winchester HS hulls all have a strait wall now as well!!! break em all Jeff
The hull might be straight walled, but the base wad insert makes that hull load like a tapered walled hull.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.