Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am really proud of The Crew. The photos below are of our first custom rifle stock. It is built on a Savage 243 caliber frame. The wood is a burl maple and the photos just do not do the work justice. The photos will show that we have custom built this to fit the shooter. The back of the stock has toe out and the comb is offset. This will allow the shooter to put their face on the comb and the scope is in perfect alignment. No head wiggle to find the scope. We did our signature Black Ebony dovetailed grip cap and the front cap was dovetailed the same way. On the right side view you will see a channel cut in the wood to provide a place for the thumb to lay and not wrap over the top of the stock. We have even added a 4-way adjustable comb to make it a complete custom piece. The barrel, receiver, trigger guard, and lug bolts were polished and finished in Black Nitride by H & M Metal Processing. The magazine box latch and trigger were done in TiN Gold Nitride. Cindy designed the checkering pattern and I think it is outstanding. The wood shop did a great job with the fit and finish of the wood. We have now moved into another service of making rifle stocks and I will be working on that soon. Thank you all for taking a look and this will be on display at the Cardinal Center in May at our building.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

Attachments

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
What will be the bedding design for these rifle stocks? Pillar, glass bedded, or??? Will the barrel be floating or not? Looks nice...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The barrel is totally floated and the receiver is bedded with glass and we formed the pillars out of glass bedding as well.

Dennis DeVault

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The rifle world has long needed fitting expertise. Glad you are expanding there. (I really like the adjustable comb.)

Regards
Gary

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
Nicely done. One of the few custom rifles I like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts