Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
I have both.

Depends on what you want to do.

The Dillons are great for cranking out large quantities of a specific caliber.

Hornady L & L is better for making some of lots of different calibers. Once set up it is easy to go from one to another. I don't think it is as fast as the Dillon, but it is 'easier' to change over (I like that each die is locked in by itself)

I have a Dillon for 45 & 9mm (two separate machines) want to get one for 223 as well.

I feel I could load high quality hunting rifle loads on the Hornady - don't really have that confidence in the Dillon progressives.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm very happy with my LNL loading 45 ACP. Primer feed system needs a little extra care and watch. I go slow to ensure high quality loads. Typically make 100 rounds in 30-40 minutes with no problem. YMMV

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I use a LnL AP and a LnL single stage press. On the AP I can do 100 rounds in about 15 minutes. Primer feed is the thing you need to keep an eye on. Love the Hornady equipment and would recommend them.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Not specifically mentioned, but the Square Deal will not do rifle calibers. So, if you want to do both, you'll need the Dillon 550B. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts