Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Beretta has cured the "rib problems" on the Teknys Trap model? I am really thinking about picking up a new one this weekend and don't want any issues. I haven't heard of this problem in some time so I am thinking the problem must have been rectified. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Powerhouser, I bought a Teknys Gold Trap 32" 2 years ago this month and have around 10,000 rounds through it. I am aware of the rib problem and I fixed mine when I first cleaned it. There is a key system that holds the rib on to the barrel. you need to make shure the bar with the key slots in it doen't slide back over the reciever. I bent mine down tight to the barrel with a small crecent wrench and it hasn't moved at all. I tried out a used Teknys before buying mine and the rib flew off on station 3 of the first trap. The key had slid over the reciever and away it went! My opinion on a Teknys is that it is a great gun but a lot of money for an auto.

Coach P

·
Registered
655 Posts
Save your money and get a new 1100 Classic trap and have Greg Hissem do the stock work. You can also get the new 1100 Comp with the matte nickel rec and stockwork for about $1200-1300.

You get the addred benefit of the rib staying on and Remington's service puts Beretta's to shame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.