Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any specs on the rib height at the tallest area for the TM1, MX3 and MX3 special? My TM1 is a Rome era gun and the rib height is about 11mm. How high are the ribs on the MX3 and MX3 Special?

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
Scroll down, see "similar threads"

Reactions: miketmx

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
From my post below for similar threads:
I have the MX-3 with the round monobloc but I believe the ribs are the same for the MX-3 Special. My O/U barrel set is 29.5" and the top of the rib to the upper barrel measures 14/32 at the breech end and 10/32 at the muzzle end. My Top Single barrel is 34" and is a universal barrel that fits round or square monobloc receivers. This barrel measures 11/32 at the breech end and slopes down to 5/32 at the muzzle end. The slope of this rib is steeper than the rib on my TMX. When I shoot with the Single barrel I add a 1/16 spacer to my comb to see a little bit of rib between the beads and the POI is about 9" high at 40 yards. I remove the comb spacer to shoot Doubles but I still can see space between the beads and the POI is about 6" high at 40 yards with either barrel.

I just re-measured my barrels and found that my universal single barrel is 10 mm high at the breech and 5 mm high at the muzzle. The O/U barrel set is 12 mm high at the breech.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts