Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to trap shooting, so i really don't know the laws and it's tough to get a straight answer from anyone. Do I need a permit to transport a shotgun from my house to the shooting club????

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Generally, you do not have to have a permit to transport a long gun from your home to the appropriate activity (trap shooting, hunting, clays, etc.). You also do not need permit to transport long guns across state lines. Long guns are not "registered" with local agencies. However, most states require that guns and ammo be kept separate when transporting; i.e. gun in the trunk and ammo in passenger compartment.

However, pistols and revolvers are another story. Check with your local police department for those rules.

Rhode Island should have rules on their state web site, either Rhode Island State Police, or the Attorney General.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
g-unit - You live in a very pro gun state. The synopsis of R.I. gun laws is only 2 pages long!!! For transporting your shotgun, just keep it unloaded. check the link to the NRA-ILA above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.