Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone shoot Rex powder? It's less expensive than any I can find, but I know the cheepest isn't always the best policy. Any information?
Thanks, 24 straight

·
Registered
731 Posts
Shoot Rex II and like it a lot. Price is right and not too dirty and pretty soft shooting. 20.5 grn 1 1/8 shot sts hulls, spolar gold wads and cheddite primer, no smoke the birds just disappear. Try it I think you will like it. mike

·
Registered
506 Posts
I shoot rex 1, 17gr for 1oz loads and rex 2, 20.5gr for 1 1/8oz both with windjammer 1oz-1 1/8 wad and cheddite primmers with great results. rex 2 leaves a little bit more residue than rex 1 but both perform great. got to clean your gun anyway, might as well save some cash! Bob

·
Registered
286 Posts
Have been using Rex I in a "quick" 7/8 oz load . The powder was part of the "deal" offered by Graf's . I was pleased with the overall performance and would buy it again if the cost of PROMO increases to the point that costs are equivalent .

Charlie

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
I started using Rex II about 2 months ago and found I really like it for the recoil. I use 20.0 with 1oz for 1200 and seem to work just as good as 700x or red dot.
A friend of mine started using Rex 1 and also liked it very well and has sinced changed over to rex. He said he can't tell any change in his scores.
Can't beat the price but as soon as the importers see that a product is starting to move hang on. Remember these prices are probably promotional.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Buy it, use it, but don't even tell your momma about it. Demand will drive up the cost just like it did with Cheddite primers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.