Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend gave me a fairly large quanity of REX #2. He told me it compares with Green Dot as far as loading spec's. Got any opinions on using it or loading issues?
Thanks, Del

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have found it hard to regulate the drop weight evenly - I fought with it for a few thousand loads before I found out that if you put the tall bottle on the powder side and fill it up it will weigh pretty evenly - just keep the tall bottle over 1/2 full and it is not bad -- does not hurt to wack the bottle a few times once in a while to settle it down, too. Great soft shooting long yardage powder -- very comparable to Green Dot and PB but a little bit cleaner and cheaper. Probably would not be very great for 1 oz loads. I like 20.5 gr Rex II in a Remington hull, Claybusters CB1118 wad and 1 1/8 oz shot, and a Winchester primer -- gets me about 1220 ft/sec. the beav

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used Rex I for 1oz. loads and found it loads and behaves just as well as Red Dot, could have been a little dirtier or I just thought so.

ConniesComponents.com handles it in bulk and ships.

RexPowder.com has loading charts. Depending on the components used they have both 1oz. and 2oz. data for Rex II.

·
Registered
731 Posts
RexII Rem hulls and downrange wads(spolar gold) and lime green 1 1/8 and 1 oz 21gr and 19gr respectively both right about 1200fps. had used clays and green dot before price is right and soft shooting

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have gone through 5 25 lb boxes of REX I, and 4 boxes of REX II and find that it is excellent powder and inexpensive as well. I'm not sure if Connie's still sell in in bulk. I bought 10 25 lb boxes three years ago and only have one of each left.

REX I 17.4 gr. with F616 primer/original WJ II wad.\1 oz. shot in WAA hull great for 16 yd.

REX II as stated above with 1 1/16 oz for handicap. BRGII

·
Registered
824 Posts
Connies ships a case of 10 2.2lb containers for $239.99 hazmat included. That works out to 87.90 for 8 lbs hazmat included. They don't ship the 25 lb container that must be picked up.

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
I swithched about 2yrs ago from 700x. I use it for 10z but I find it meters very evenly in fact right where I want it. You need to make sure you don't load to light or the loads are kind of eractic. I load 20.0 of rex II. IT is a soft recoil but does not like the cold very well so I keep mine out of the cold till I am ready to go on the line.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I loaded my Active hulls with 20.5 gr of REX 2 using a 12C1 Fed wad and 1 1/8 oz of 7.5s and shot games from 27 on back to the fence and found that it has a very soft recoil compared to GD and destroyed the targets when I done my part. I plan on going to Connies next week and picking up a few kegs of it. I had no problems with metering it in my PW 2000. Loads were within 1/10 of a grain when I weighed several. Residue is comparable to GD I think, but love the soft recoil. Del

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.