Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, March 14th MGC will host their annual St. Patrick's Jackpot. IF you hit one of the randomly placed GREEN targets that comes out you will get the choice of one of our great hamburgers or a bowl of Mark Cameron's famous Irish Stew. One either/or per person. It always adds a little excitement to the day.

This is in addition to out daily Lewis Class payout. The shoot will start at 10 o'clock and go until 4 o'clock.
For directions and info go to www.mplsgunclub.com

The weather is looking good, C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays at MGC.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

Green targets 002.jpg

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I will see you there, hopefully by noon this time. I have been sliding in late in the day lately. Those green birds are beer birds at our club so I am trained not to miss them!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

In addition to the Daily Lewis Class we have the 50 straight Perpetual Purse Option. For THREE dollars you can enter the PPO and that THREE dollars is good for the whole day, no matter how many times you shoot. You have to enter the PPO BEFORE you shoot. Right now the PPO is around $600.00. Shoot a 50 straight and you'll get 1/2 of the PPO. Ties divide.

Bring lots of bullets.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I can't make it Saturday, is there a 'regular' shoot on the 21st? I'm off that day, and have some new loads to try out.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, we will have a "regular" Jackpot on the 21st.

MGC Jackpot season will end on April 11th. That day we'll be hosting the Easter Ham Jackpot and the MGC Jackpot Finale. $1000.00 added money for those that qualified.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FlynLiver, I don't have the numbers here at home but I'm thinking about 12??
I'll have the current numbers tomorrow so you can plan your shoots.

See you there.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A good shoot today and Brownie91, who's stock doesn't fit right, kicked butt. :>)

Not too bad of a day at the MGC traps, sun came out in the afternoon and the temperature got to the mid 30's. There was a breeze but the targets were good. With that said, I cannot say why we had such a hard time hitting the targets today. Lot's of head shaking out there today and multiple times today I heard. "I'm gonna take 2 weeks off.....and then quit."

High score was a 46, Hunter Brown had the one and only, and there were 3 45's and Hunter got that too. Great shooting Hunter.
Only three 25 straights today, Ray Monson had 2 of them, Bob Meyer the other. Nice shooting guy's.

The good thing, Mark had the Traps LOADED with green targets and I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY got a ticket for a burger or the delicious corn beef and cabbage that Mark cooked up. That kinda made up for the lousy shooting.

Thanks to everyone who braved the Corona virus and participated.

1st Class
Hunter Brown 46
Hunter Brown 45

2nd Class
David Maples 42
Len Lindquist 41

3rd Class
Leo Switala 36
Leo Switala 35

Ties = Singles from the back

We'll do it again Saturday. 3 weeks left to qualify for the $1000.00 added money Jackpot Finale.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Registered
541 Posts
Jimmy,

Had a fantastic time at the club today! Was truly beginning to think those green targets were eluding me on purpose. That free burger was fantastic by the way! Great hospitality at the club and can’t wait to go back. Great talking with you as well as shooting with you Jimmy. I still don’t think that damn stock fits

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I will be there next week, sorry I missed Bob running them!
Nice shooting, Brownie91!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. Yesterday was a good day to be out and about. It's good to sit down and talk to other T.S.com people other than on the computer.

Have a great St. Patrick's Day. See you next Saturday.

St. Patricks Day Shoot 2017.jpg

Jimmy Bowen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts