Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I am not new to the Sparta area, but had recently heard that South Side ribs has closed. Was just wondering where everyone is eating now. Not a huge fan of Lollie's. I know Broadway grill is great, but is there anything else around that's new and exciting?

·
Registered
630 Posts
VFW Hall was my hangout for years. I think the food was good, but I tended to always somehow get snocked there as well. BEATIFULL hall and grounds. Really nice folk. Always seemed to have great comfort food specials and they love shooters $$$. I'll miss you folks.

VFW Post 2698

1911 N Market St, Sparta, IL 62286
Hours:

Tuesday11AM–1AM
Wednesday11AM–1AM
Thursday11AM–1AM
Friday11AM–1AM
Saturday11AM–1AM
Sunday11AM–1AM
Monday11AM–1AM
Phone: (618) 443-5851

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
New, I think. Good? No personal experience. I have heard that it's good.

In Sparta, 1201 N Market St.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Last year, my first year, I stayed in Waterloo. My 2 favorite places were brewpubs: The Stubborn German in Waterloo and The Lieferbrau in Red Bud. Both have great food nearby that you are welcome to eat there. And also serve excellent beer and bourbon. Not new, but a lot more exciting than a buffet. I'll be back on Monday!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I am not new to the Sparta area, but had recently heard that South Side ribs has closed. Was just wondering where everyone is eating now. Not a huge fan of Lollie's. I know Broadway grill is great, but is there anything else around that's new and exciting?
Oh I like Lollies for breakfast 😋

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VFW Hall was my hangout for years. I think the food was good, but I tended to always somehow get snocked there as well. BEATIFULL hall and grounds. Really nice folk. Always seemed to have great comfort food specials and they love shooters $$$. I'll miss you folks.

VFW Post 2698

1911 N Market St, Sparta, IL 62286
Hours:

Tuesday11AM–1AM
Wednesday11AM–1AM
Thursday11AM–1AM
Friday11AM–1AM
Saturday11AM–1AM
Sunday11AM–1AM
Monday11AM–1AM
Phone: (618) 443-5851
Tried last year, and they no longer sell food :(

Love the $2.50 pitchers of Stag beer though.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,586 Posts
If you head to Pinckneyville, not a ton, but the Grecian steakhouse is always a local fav, as is El Jalisco, the Mexican joint. There’s also a good pizza place called Joe’s. A little farther in Duquoin you have Alongis (authentic Italian and excellent, with tons of cool Cardinals memorabilia) and The St Nicholas, a neat brewpub type of place.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Coulterville, Il. / Pistol City was a restaurant I enjoyed before the COVID. Lots of trapshooters.
The staff looked after my group
.Also enjoyed Southside Ribs/Sparta,Il. ( It has closed. )

Joe Woods/Ontario

1 - 19 of 19 Posts