Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of newer to reloading. In my neck of the woods Up state NY I don’t have many retail sources. (NY SUX when it comes to gun laws and restrictions) Where do you all get your hulls, wads, shot powder and ect? I’ve found several resources but not sure which are reputable or best bang for the buck ?
Ballistic
Midway?
Natchez?
Lucky Gunner?
Precision Reloading?
Brownells?
Mid South?
Cheaper than dirt?
Sportsman’s Warehourse?

thanks in advance for any help!
Devil Dog!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I use Brownells, Grafs, Midway, Powder Valley, and Precision. However, I am patient and wait for a free shipping deal and/or free hazmat before I place an order. Sites like Precision have high shipping prices that often offset the savings on components. Be patient and the deals will be there.

·
Registered
865 Posts
You don’t say where in NY you are, it’s a big state. They are small shops around the state that sell reloading supplies. Also Urb Womer is the source for reloading supplies at all the shoots at the NYS ATA home grounds at Cicero.
If you are in the southern tier go in to PA for the big shoots at Elysburg. Great prices from CAC and Geisers.
If you want mail order it all depends on who is having a sale, free hazmat, free shipping.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Come down to central MD ,bring a big ,big trailer for all the emptys U can have for free and on the way home stop at CAC in PA ,they are not that far from Highway 81 and that get's you back home fast . At one of the GC around here ,U can find once fired .410 & 28 Ga AA and Remingtons ,and if U "bribe " the trap help they even collect them for you and sort them . U want12 Ga shells ? Like I said free by the trash can full just on the Trap ,Skeet & 5-Stand and at the 20 or so sporting clays stations even better. That place has over 50 loaner Guns @ $ 20.oo a gun/day and you have to use shells bought from them . Happy reloading :) :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Kind of newer to reloading. In my neck of the woods Up state NY I don’t have many retail sources. (NY SUX when it comes to gun laws and restrictions) Where do you all get your hulls, wads, shot powder and ect? I’ve found several resources but not sure which are reputable or best bang for the buck ?
Ballistic
Midway?
Natchez?
Lucky Gunner?
Precision Reloading?
Brownells?
Mid South?
Cheaper than dirt?
Sportsman’s Warehourse?

Devil Dog!
Sign up for all of their email lists. It’s kind of annoying deleting all the emails from them on crap you don’t want but if you are patient, you will get good deals on everything you need with sales/free shipping/hazmat when available. Shot is the only component I have not been able to get a good deal from the internet on.

·
Premium Member
6,025 Posts
Come down to central MD ,bring a big ,big trailer for all the emptys U can have for free and on the way home stop at CAC in PA ,they are not that far from Highway 81 and that get's you back home fast . At one of the GC around here ,U can find once fired .410 & 28 Ga AA and Remingtons ,and if U "bribe " the trap help they even collect them for you and sort them . U want12 Ga shells ? Like I said free by the trash can full just on the Trap ,Skeet & 5-Stand and at the 20 or so sporting clays stations even better. That place has over 50 loaner Guns @ $ 20.oo a gun/day and you have to use shells bought from them . Happy reloading :) :)
PG?

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
I buy all my reloading supplies from Mike Graf face to face at the Missouri Trap Shooters Association home grounds shoots .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Recobs in WI has great pricing. Shipping is expensive. I live in wi and its cheaper to order shot at more $ per bag from cabelas (free shipping) than to drive there let alone have it shipped.

If you have club members that make a drive to a store in your state see if you can tag along or pay them for your order. That's what members at my club try to do.

Try to find shops within an hour of your location and call around. You might be surprised at what you find.

Components are in shorter supply than they were just 3 weeks ago so at some point you have to get what you can as its available. I'm a new shotshell reloader too, and I've been advised to check my data for every single change in components I make if substitutionshave to happen. Sound advice from people more experienced than I.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Another shot source is Rotometal; they have a 2 bag deal with free shipping; yes it is more per bag, but the total is less than 2 bags with shipping, and they have brands other than Eagle.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ballistic
Midway?
Natchez?
Lucky Gunner?
Precision Reloading?
Brownells?
Mid South?
Cheaper than dirt?
Sportsman’s Warehourse?

Devil Dog!
If you can purchase components on sale and purchase in bulk, you'll save significant money, especially so if done over an extended period of time. Ask guys where you shoot, especially those who have been shooting/reloading for a number of years. You'll likely get some pretty good advice. CAC in PA has some very good prices, but you'll have to figure out where you'll be after you add shipping.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts