Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ljutic Nut
2,905 Posts
Don't wear your good shirt and do it outside.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I'd recommend that you have that discussion with one of the support people at MEC. I don't see that much danger in doing a few, but there is a possibility that one could go off. That's all you'd need to ruin your day. When you apply pressure to the outside of the shell head, the basewad and everything contained within will be squeezed. Is it enough to set off a primer? It might be, if you squeeze them hard enough.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
You got a shell cutter? How many are we talking about? Hulls are cheap.

I do an occasional depriming of a primed hull, but doing what you're suggesting gives me the creeps. Not much chance of a detonation, but one would be plenty(give you a reason to change yer shorts.)

Good luck.

Bob Falfa

·
Banned
331 Posts
OLD 90-T, I couldn't help but laugh when I read your thread. I recently
purchased a 101 four barrel set, the 410 and 20ga barrels are chambered rather
tight and none of my 410 or 20ga reloads will go in the chambers. I was told
to resize them and was loaned a resizer by a friend of mine. I was told that
"Nothing Could Go Wrong", but wear two pair of safety glasses and have the kids
leave the room. I have resized quite a few of the 410's and still have all of
my fingers, nothings gone wrong yet, but I shut my eyes and hold my breath
every time I pull the handle. Have at it.....

·
Registered
934 Posts
Have you ever seen the trick about shooting a shell in a Winchester Model 12, and catching the shot and wad in a hat?

Michael

·
Banned
694 Posts
Wayneo, Is a bullet puller pulling apart a live round? If so what is the difference in doing this and resizing a shotgun shell that is loaded?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I'm not saying this is good or bad but if you look at some of the older shotgun presses. The full length resizing was at the last station. Now they're not, makes you wonder if there was a reason? ;)

Ajax

·
Banned
694 Posts
I don't want to be critisied for what "I" have done hundreds of times because of collet problems or chamber sizes in different guns what I am saying with a Mec Super Sizer which is designed to only resize shells there is no issue. My 2-cents worth.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts