Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First--I am just asking. I DON"T want to change anything. I am happy where I am. I AM NOT "CRYING" over MY request, so don't give me s%#*. This is just a "what if"? Might give some people a little "think time" to pass the boredom of self distancing.

I was on the 23, (have been on the 27 a time or two) I asked and was granted the move to the 25 to be in line with my shooting buds. That stipulation is for two years. No problem. Shortly after the move I shot a 98 and moved to the 26.
Here's the question. Does the two year remain in effect, or does it start at zero and run for 1,000 targets or another (not likely) punch from the 26?
Jim

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,245 Posts
First--I am just asking. I DON"T want to change anything. I am happy where I am. I AM NOT "CRYING" over MY request, so don't give me s%#*. This is just a "what if"? Might give some people a little "think time" to pass the boredom of self distancing.

I was on the 23, (have been on the 27 a time or two) I asked and was granted the move to the 25 to be in line with my shooting buds. That stipulation is for two years. No problem. Shortly after the move I shot a 98 and moved to the 26.
Here's the question. Does the two year remain in effect, or does it start at zero and run for 1,000 targets or another (not likely) punch from the 26?
Jim
I would say you have bought that move, just like getting a punch from penalty. It’s possible the handicap committee has put in a “no reduction” code so you may not get a reduction for the two years you requested. But you could just refuse a reduction if offered, if that’s your concern. Otherwise, you will likely be reviewed at 1000 targets unless you shoot your next punch score. However, once you’re back to 25, you won’t get reviewed for a reduction until the 2 years is up.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It's my understanding, you won't be considered for a reduction for two full calendar years, regardless of targets. See rule Section G 3.(b)

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts

Section VI Reviews
G.
b. There will be no yardage increase by shooter request beyond 25
yards. Subsequent to a shooter receiving a requested increase
in yardage, he/she will be ineligible for normal 1,000 target review
reductions below that yardage assignment for a period of 2 years
from the date the yardage was assigned.

·
Super Moderator
5,333 Posts
Does the two year remain in effect,
Yes.

or does it start at zero and run for 1,000 targets or another (not likely) punch from the 26?
You can be reduced back to the 25 after your next 1000-target review.

You won't be reduced below the 25 until 2 years after your request was approved.

If you had stayed on the 25 you still get "reviewed" after every 1000 targets, but the report comes back as "reduction denied due to Code I", or words to that effect.

** See the rule book, Appendix IV, pg 67, 175555 for how an "I" code is handled.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V10---That makes perfect sene. Thanks.
Jim

p.s. Me and "Bogue" above have shot about 50,000 targets together and he is one of the "buds" I mentioned that I wanted to shoot with.
I shall never forget him saying after a practice session once, "We may get pretty good at this if we don't run out of money"!

Ain't trap fun???
My Best
Jim

·
Super Moderator
5,333 Posts
All the codes are listed in the rule book, Appendix IV, pages 66 -67.

An "H" code is given when someone earns 1-1/2 yards or more in one event. They cannot be reduced below that new yardage for 1 year without a special review.

·
Registered
899 Posts
V10, can you explain the ‘drop’ and ‘purified’ columns? Specifically what is the criteria for the ‘drop’? Then, in the third row the shooter only has 900 targets in the ‘purified’ column. Would that mean he has 1100 targets since his last review and 200 were in the drop column?

·
Super Moderator
5,333 Posts
V10, can you explain the ‘drop’ and ‘purified’ columns? Specifically what is the criteria for the ‘drop’? Then, in the third row the shooter only has 900 targets in the ‘purified’ column. Would that mean he has 1100 targets since his last review and 200 were in the drop column?
Appendix IV: PURIFIED AVERAGE is best explained as the shooter's handicap average after disregarding up to two handicap scores that deviate more than 10% below the shooter's average.

And, yes, that shooter would have had 1100 targets since his last review.

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
after disregarding up to two handicap scores
The ATA would have to disregard about 15 scores for me to get back to where I should (want to) be shooting from... lol

Pretty sure that ain't gonna happen this target year ! lol

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Appendix IV: PURIFIED AVERAGE is best explained as the shooter's handicap average after disregarding up to two handicap scores that deviate more than 10% below the shooter's average.

And, yes, that shooter would have had 1100 targets since his last review.
This makes a lot of sense regarding reductions not received in the past. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
All the codes are listed in the rule book, Appendix IV, pages 66 -67.

An "H" code is given when someone earns 1-1/2 yards or more in one event. They cannot be reduced below that new yardage for 1 year without a special review.
The codes are in the rule book, but where can someone see if they are coded and also how close they are to the 1000 yard review. I thought it used to show up on shootata.com but am having problems finding it anymore.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Jim the most fun I ever had shooting trap with you was when you , me and 8 or 10 college age kids would shoot targets from out In the parking lot , that was sure a challenge and a lot of fun among friends .

·
Super Moderator
5,333 Posts
The codes are in the rule book, but where can someone see if they are coded and also how close they are to the 1000 yard review. I thought it used to show up on shootata.com but am having problems finding it anymore.
Almost every code exists because of a shooter initiated action.

Some happen because of shoot results.

For example, everyone who has earned the 27-yard line has a "Y" code in their record.

If you login to Shootata.com and select a target year and then "Click Here for a Printer Friendly Version" you should be able to see any actions taken with regard to reductions.

Unfortunately you can only see one year at a time so you might have to check a couple of years in order to find the last time you were reviewed.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts

For example, everyone who has earned the 27-yard line has a "Y" code in their record.

If you login to Shootata.com and select a target year and then "Click Here for a Printer Friendly Version" you should be able to see any actions taken with regard to reductions.

Unfortunately you can only see one year at a time so you might have to check a couple of years in order to find the last time you were reviewed.
What does it mean when it says “within the norm of ability” ?
Average was high enough to avoid a reduction?

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts

What does it mean when it says “within the norm of ability” ?
Average was high enough to avoid a reduction?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts