Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
15,887 Posts
Double check the voltage and rotation you need - and then follow the wiring directions to give you same with the new motor...

Most motors can be run at 120V or 240V - just by changing how the power feeds into it.

Same is true for rotation - CW / CCW is changed by flipping a wire or two in the junction box of the motor.

That being said, check to see if the wires will connect with a nut on a bolt or wire spades. I like to use crimp on connectors in motors, but I take the time to solder the ends on as well (for either rings or spades). Also, if spades be careful when sliding them onto the motor studs - it is really easy to bend the mouth a bit - which leads to loose connections...

· Registered
218 Posts
I would make very sure that the new motor is the same RPM as the old motor. There will be a wiring diagram on the new motor somewhere that shows which motor leads are connected to the line leads, usually color coded or could be numbered wires. Take a picture of the wires on the old motor or make a record of how it is wired, just in case! I would suggest that you note the rotation of the old motor and check the rotation of the new motor prior to connecting to the pump.
Steve R

· Premium Member
15,887 Posts
Steve R is spot on on the motor rpm. Something I forgot to mention.

I assumed you would be replacing 'like' with 'like' so I left that out, but it is an important part of sizing a new motor.

Reactions: Steve12

· Premium Member
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve R is spot on on the motor rpm. Something I forgot to mention.

I assumed you would be replacing 'like' with 'like' so I left that out, but it is an important part of sizing a new motor.
Correct same motor. Same rpm and Horse power .
I had planned on following the wire hook up.
Thanks
Steve😁

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.