Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a stock for an older K80 trap gun with a flat rib. What is the difference between a sporting, skeet and trap stock, all with an adjustable comb. I want to use this gun for shooting doubles. I would appreciate any advice

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Sporting stock is sloped comb w/ a monte carlo. Skeet stock is a sloped comb with no monte carlo. Trap stock is parallel comb with monte carlo.

Any generation of K80 stock will fit any generation of receiver. Its just a matter of getting one that matches your rib height.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Gasman43

I have one I`ll give you if you pay shipping from 46158.

Has an adjustable comb (up and down only)and a recoil pad.

I don`t need it anymore. Went to a PFS a few years back.

If interested PM me.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I just rebuilt an old flat rib 32 and put K80 wood on it. I went with a #6 stock, which is a Monte Carlo with an adjustable comb with a DAC range from 1 3/8" to 1 5/8". That's the right trap stock for your gun. I bought mine used from this site. You can probably find a few dealer who also have them.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gene,

Thanks for the information. I am still looking for a K80 trap stock with an adjustable comb for an older K80 with a flat rib. It appears from the information that you kindly provided, that the trap stock comb is relatively flat while both the skeet and SC combs are angled. Am I right about this? Gold Metal is going to send me a stock that I can start with and see how it goes.

Thanks to all the responders that have offered suggestions to help. I appreciate it.

Tafford

1 - 12 of 12 Posts