Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our club needs a new set of 5 Mics for our CVR Voice Release system. Which is the best source for a good replacement set of Mics that will hook up to the factory supplied mics without much of a problem.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When using the Speco mikes, do you need to wire in a 100 ohm resister in parallel with the mike so it works in the CVR system? I have seen that requirement previously and tuning requirements also to get the made up mikes work. That is why I was thinking of buying completed mikes to avoid those problems. Also how difficult is it to mount the mikes to the CVR stand both mechanically and electrically. A picture could sure help. Thanks to all for the help.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
You need to drill a hole in the back of the Speco speaker and wire in one of these.
http://www.targetshotguns.com/produ...-systems-2-pin-chassis-sockets-male-10523.htm
It requires a little soldering ability. I am running a dozen of these speakers without any addition resistors, and they work fine. A new set of speakers is $225, and you can make your own set for about $75. Depends on how flush your club is, and how many speakers you need. I can replace broken speakers for less than $10 each.
You just bolt the speaker to the stand through the mounting bracket.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Drill out the pop rivets on the black speaker and re-rivet the hook up to the new speaker, after you solder the wires of course. I use locknuts instead of the wings, they will stay tight and not flop around.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all for the solid information. A few points; which size pop rivets do you use and what size drill bit for the holes. Also is there a better brand of pop rivet that works best. Also any easy way to remove the rivets on the black original speakers? How do you support the speakers when drilling the holes? Does anyone use small screws and nuts instead of rivets?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts