Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eying a local gun with tubes and case, but the foam is deteriorating in the factory matching case. Looks like pain to replace. Otherwise the case is in great shape. Is there a good way to replace the insert? May have to add a few hundred to the price for a new case if not. New guy here and just shoot skeet and trap for fun a few times per year. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Upholstery shop or fabric shops will have what you need. pull out old stuff for templates, spray-on glue, and you;re good to go!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. Worth a try if I buy the gun. It is crumbling, so it could be tough. I really like a 325 with tube set I see on the board here, but I don't have privileges yet to post there...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just replaced the foam and fabric last weekend. We bought 1/2 inch foam $12. per yd. the gal down the road had headliner material left overs $2. 1 can 3m spray adhesive $12. the project turned out good.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I did what Euro Joe did......pulled all out and cleaned it up.....my friend does auto fabric work.....1/2" foam and new fabric....$50.00...done!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Depends on what you're trying to do, but for the most part it's pretty simple.

If you're trying to do a "vacuum fit" style, then it'll be a bit more costly, and you're better off paying to have it done (which will cost you about $150 tops, but looks pretty neat).

But headliner or felt with some foam? Easy stuff, and cheap for the DIYer. Pay attention to detail and it looks like you paid serious $ for the work.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Eying a local gun with tubes and case, but the foam is deteriorating in the factory matching case. Looks like pain to replace. Otherwise the case is in great shape. Is there a good way to replace the insert? May have to add a few hundred to the price for a new case if not. New guy here and just shoot skeet and trap for fun a few times per year. Thanks.
If it is an Americase, They offer a service to replace the Upholstery in old, worn cases. 800-972-2737

What ever you decide, do not be tempted to let raw foam touch the blued parts of your gun. I stored a brand new gun in one of those egg crate foam cases for a couple weeks. There was some sort of chemical reaction and there was a permanent egg crate pattern in the bluing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts