Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The July shoot at Rend Lake will be this weekend (July 18, and 19)!
The standard program will be utilized...
Saturday is a Marathon day, shoot what you want and as much as you want. If you are short a few birds for the Grand, this is a great time to fulfill the required numbers.
Sunday (Trophy Shoot) starts at 9:00 am with 100 Doubles, when doubles are finished the fields are set and we will start 100 Singles. Upon the conclusion of singles we plan to take a short break for the free lunch. After lunch we will start 100 Handicap.
As usual, upon conclusion of the shoot offs we will have the "Dual for CA$H".

The updated Leather Bag results will be available to review.

At this time there is no rain in the forecast, so if you are still wet from the Illinois, Kentucky or Indiana State shoot, now is the time to shoot when it is not raining!

Bring some friends and have a great weekend!
John U

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
John,

I hope to make it over Sunday to shoot and see you and Larry. Been battling a shoulder injury and have only shot 100 targets since early Spring. I'm hoping to get my full doc's release tomorrow and get back at it.

Matt

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great to hear from you Matt. We were a little worried about you. Look forward to seeing you there. Bring some friends along to carry your trophies.
JU

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Great to hear from you Matt. We were a little worried about you. Look forward to seeing you there. Bring some friends along to carry your trophies.
JU
Another well run shoot at Rend Lake Shooting Complex. Great targets, great food and great trap help. John U. did an excellent job running this one solo as his partner relaxed in the sun on vacation. What a partner. Larry leaves John to handle one of their biggest shoots of the year solo while he drinks cocktails on the beach in Aruba. John even had to hit the high notes on his trumpet. Well, he tried anyway. :)

Great shoot guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt it was great to see you again and I am very glad you are back to shooting. By the way Matt took a trophy home after running them in the shootoff!

Thanks for getting on Larry. We have to have a little fun from time to time and later this year he will be flying solo.

As far as the high note, I did hear the dogs barking...must have been to high!

Thanks again for coming,
John U

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats to Dennis Knight for taking the last 50 from the 20 yard line for approximately $130.00. Dennis got a half a yard for his efforts. He then won a shoot off at the 27 yd. line to take the champion spot and then he came in third in the dual for cash from the 27 on a hot wobble trap. He was in the center of them until one got away with only dust.
Congrats to Daniel Dent for taking the 1st 50 in the handicap for $490.00. He won't be at the 20 for very long. It is his first year of handicap and will make a down payment on a new gun.
Singles Champion was Don Herdes with another 100 (476 straight and going strong) followed by a 96 in handicap (24,24,24,24).
Doubles Champion was Frank Payne with a 97.
High All Around was Don Herdes with a 287!
Bill Lawrence won the Dual for Cash in our longest shoot off in history. The final three Dual for Cash shooters were all 20 yard shooters grinding away at the 27 yard Dual for cash. We were throwing wobble targets that were so fast they almost left the County.
Thanks for supporting the kitchen, they about ran out of food!
Thanks to Randy Cordray and Brian Corder for running the shoot offs!
Thanks to everyone for coming!
See you at the next shoot August 29 and 30!
John U

1 - 9 of 9 Posts