Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy has a Renato Gamba Daytona that I'm thinking about picking up as a buddy gun.
30" barrels, choke tubes, drop out trigger, sporter stock, blued action. Looks to be in in great condition. Lever is far right. Doesn't look like its been shot much at all honestly.

I forgot to get pictures so condition being light use, no issues, what should I be offering?

Reading around the net it seems like the bluebook isn't right since they seem to be depressed in the US due to no current importer.
I fully understand that I would be waiting on parts from Italy if i had an issue which I'm fine with as a buddy gun.

I like that the action is boss/perazzi type and the captured coil springs in the trigger is nice but I want to make sure I'm not overvaluing the gun.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dennis Delcamp, Gunsmith in Brockton, NY (716)230-0019. He can help you with parts and info on the Daytonas as he does the trigger upgrades/repairs that were needed for them. Good luck. Mike

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any idea on serial range issues or dates?
It's 26xxx

I emailed Gamba but think they might not reply in a while with the issues going on over there.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hello, you should contact Denny Delcamp as he did the repairs for the Gamba USA importer. He did have parts but I don't know his current status with Gamba. Good luck, Mike

·
Registered
31,719 Posts
I have a Concorde combo, fixed single choke, choke tubes for o/u. I bought it new when The Firing Line, Aurora CO imported them and I have hardly shot it at all. Quality built gun, good pointer, but little value on the used market.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Man, this thread got me curious to look into what Daytonas were going for on various auction and listing sites, I can't believe how much the have gone down (last time I was drooling over them was in the late 90's as a poor highschooler).

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Wouldn't pay more than $2k for a Daytona in very good+ condition. They must be very attractively priced to find a buyer. Make certain you like it before buying as you will likely own it for a long time.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Triggers have been an issue and DelCamp is reputed to be a solution. One I was personally familiar with had an issue of the trigger group falling out and hitting the ground. They may look like Perazzis or Kemans but don't let that fool ya. Maybe Slick can enlighten us as to what guns they are superior to....

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Daytona was made by R. Gamba, not the same Gamba brothers that made Browning principle guns.
It's completely different from other Gamba Brothers guns.

Daytona is based on modified Boss principle, same as H & H, J. Purdey, Fabbri, Perazzi, and new Beretta SL3.
It's a very well made gun from a manufacturer owned by two generations of Gamba that were not my favorite persons. If the personality of the owner is a factor of buying their guns, I would never buy one.
But as a gun itself, it's a very good gun that once priced similar as Perazzi.

Today, I'd not pay more than $2k for one in very good condition simply because it's extremely hard to persuade the next buyer to lay down that kind of money to take it from me.

Reactions: slickhead

·
Sky Buster
4,127 Posts
Daytona was made by R. Gamba, not the same Gamba brothers that made Browning principle guns.
It's completely different from other Gamba Brothers guns.

Daytona is based on modified Boss principle, same as H & H, J. Purdey, Fabbri, Perazzi, and new Beretta SL3.
It's a very well made gun from a manufacturer owned by two generations of Gamba that were not my favorite persons. If the personality of the owner is a factor of buying their guns, I would never buy one.
But as a gun itself, it's a very good gun that once priced similar as Perazzi.

Today, I'd not pay more than $2k for one in very good condition simply because it's extremely hard to persuade the next buyer to lay down that kind of money to take it from me.
I think $2,000 is high. $1,600.00 is closer to the mark.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
I think $2,000 is high. $1,600.00 is closer to the mark.
If there's a clean one for $1600 I probably wouldn't mind owning it, again.

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
I will have to revise may value estimate, as there are three that match the OPs description currently sitting on Gunbroker under $2500 with no bids.

So SkyBuster may be a bit closer than I was.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A 32" fixed choke Trap for sale on GI for $1500...has a chunk out of the stock near the reciever and a stock photo to catch ones eye, no pictures of the whole gun or other parts of the stock. (Not my listing nor do I know the seller)

·
Registered
375 Posts
To anyone with an Gamba Daytona Sporting for 1600.00 send me a pm and I will take it.
I have been Shooting a Daytona since 1992 and they are great guns.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dennis Delcamp, Gunsmith in Brockton, NY (716)230-0019. He can help you with parts and info on the Daytonas as he does the trigger upgrades/repairs that were needed for them. Good luck. Mike
Number says out of order.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts