Trapshooters Forum banner

Remington yellow base loading.

1221 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  skeet_man
I have recently came into about 1k of Remington yellow base, high brass, 12ga, 2-3/4" hulls. They were previously loaded with buckshot.
I looked into my RCBS shotshell book has quite limited loading data for this hull. I was maybe looking at maybe some type of a "Games" load just to use them instead of pitching them. Ideas?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Hodgdon data shows a 2 3/4” Remington SP Plastic shell as a choice of shell but lists no loads. Might be worth a call to them to see if they have anything worked up. Don’t know if that’s your hull or not.

· Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they call this hull a SPEVL or something to that nature. I do not have it in front of me now. I will keep looking and see what comes of this. Thanks.

· Registered
348 Posts
Remington has made different hulls I - VI.
Those would be type VI hulls. If you new someone that loaded steel, they make great steel reloads. Remington made a type III or IV hull that was compression formed, and created high psi. Don’t chuck them they make good reloads. Contact Ballistic Products for info.
I do believe the Lyman handbook has the info.
Just checked the Lyman 5th edition has a description of hull.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.