Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Remington V3 for a hunting/sporting clay gun? Comments re: experience with this relatively new model appreciated...good or bad. Have a couple of 1100s, but they are getting heavy. Best Regards, Ed

·
Registered
791 Posts
Go over to that other shotgun site and you'll find a load of V3 fanboys.
I think that Randy guy likes them a lot.

In all fairness, I am intersted also when they come out with a wood stock. If it's nice wood and not an express model. Later a trap version would be interesting.
George

·
Registered
194 Posts
Borrowed one from Remington at the Grand and shot a round of sporting clays with it. Handled great and shot nice. Took it apart to look at the gas system and God only knows the last time they had cleaned it. It was filthy. Still ran great without a single jam with my 1oz reloads. I have a Veramax and a bunch of 870's so stock fit was right on. Remington backing it with a lifetime warranty is great. They claim to have gotten their quality under control is why they can offer that. Chris

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
George & Chris...thanks very much for your replies! The info on the V3s so far looks pretty good...I am amazed to see the price for the basic model on Gunbroker. Need to find one to take a close look, but appears to be a "winner"... Regards, Ed

·
Registered
791 Posts
Now if the stocks from an 1100/1187 would fit a V3, we could make that work. Probably can't get that lucky.
Guess I'll have to wait out the powers at Rem to realize some of us like our guns with wood.
George

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Geoman15,
The wood version is being worked on. No time frame on intro, but Remington CEO is adamant that everything be ready and working before one is shipped. This new shotgun is the real deal.

As for the stock interchangeability, it will not be the same. The back of the receiver is shaped differently on the V3.

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thanks Nitro27.
Everything I've read provides glowing praise.
It's on my short list for a field gun. Don't need it, but need doesn't have anything to do with it.
How many of our gun related purchases are not needed, but wanted.

HBar, I've seen that pic. Early preproduction pics showed the wood, but I guess they couldn't get it out when the released it.
Hopefully, it'll have better wood than shown. Too Express for my tastes. The wood quality from a 1100 Claasic Trap would be more to my liking. Nice figure with a poly finish.
George

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went by the local Scheels sporting goods in Overland PArk KS and looked over the 26" basic black Remington V3 26" and a 28" camo V3. Nice guns and balance is certainly centered between hands, but still a little - very little - heavy between hands....well balanced! Wish the kids college fund was a little bigger! Felt and pointed great! May sell an 1100 safe Queen....V3 continues to have favorable reviews and prices on Gunbroker are attractive. Regards, Ed

·
Registered
14,691 Posts
Took Benelli 10 years to get the duck hunter's attention, and they had the 3.5" shells to draw their attraction.

Good luck Remington!

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ruck, thanks for info...keep us posted. A new V3 is close in price to used 1100s...Regards, Ed

·
Registered
791 Posts
I read on the other shotgun site that Remington may be bringing the wood version out in a couple of weeks.
RW, on the site, visited Remington and said the wood version is in production now.
I hoping so. Said the price should be comparable to the camo version.
I'll need to save my pennies :)
I've got a guitar I will probably sell to fund it. G&L ASAT Z3 for those that strum.
George

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was a little disappointed in the V3 after reading the pattern test in the last American Rifleman.

2 feet to right of and 2 feet below the point of aim.

Hard to believe but there it was!!!!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I have a prototype done. Concept is proven with a hand made transition adapter, now to make a real one on the mill. My prototype gun has the 1100 Pro Combo setup on it just like Remington uses on the 1100 Competition. It is a true parallel adjustable comb stock and the drop is 1 3/4". It has my Autobuster system installed on it with a 1/2" Kickeez pad and the lop is just barely over 14". Picture tomorrow.

Ken Rucker

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
IMG_0410.JPG

Here it is. The adapter is 1/4" aluminum, shaped by hand on the belt sander. Production parts will be 3/16" aluminum, made 0n a mill and powder coated black.
The only modification to the std. Pro Combo stock was to cut the front flat at the correct angle to obtain the parallel comb. What do you think?

Ken Rucker

1 - 20 of 33 Posts