Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I’m only speaking for myself at this point but I find these pads do not hold up real well for the long haul. They break down, not that they crack or anything like that but deteriorate as in the composition of the rubber. On my Remmy Super Mag it done it quite early in its life. First few years. I bitched to the factory and they replaced it. Had to send original back. No problem. Pretty sure they won’t be as receptive now if I call. I have to say they work/feel great but just don’t hold up for diddly. Maybe it’s how I clean my guns. But that doesn’t bother others. Actually this gun sees less chemicals because it’s a composite and I really only use a warm damp cloth on the stock. Have you guys just switched to other brands?

·
Registered
14,355 Posts
Recoil pads are a consumable item.

The SuperCell is the most effective pad that is installed by any domestic manufacturer.

Recoil pads are like tires, you can have soft and they wear quickly or you can have hard and they wear slowly.

They are also only about 20 bucks, throwing a new one on every few years certainly won't break the bank.

Storing the gun muzzle-down will also help lengthen your pads lifespan.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recoil pads are a consumable item.

The SuperCell is the most effective pad that is installed by any domestic manufacturer.

Recoil pads are like tires, you can have soft and they wear quickly or you can have hard and they wear slowly.

They are also only about 20 bucks, throwing a new one on every few years certainly won't break the bank.

Storing the gun muzzle-down will also help lengthen your pads lifespan.
You are probably right. It’s Not about the money. It has a good feel that for sure. Especially for its hunting purpose using 2 3/4”, 3”, and 3 1/2” shells.
Been able to outfit this gun perfectly over the years by having a good selection of barrels for deer, turkey and waterfowl.

I bet you are correct on the storage. I’ll store it muzzle down. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I looked at the Supercells and actually bought one. The problem is, they don't give any measurements on them. It seems they are only intended for 870, 1100, 1187, or the 700 series rifles. I wanted to put it on a Model 32 and it was a good 1/4 inch too short.

·
Registered
14,355 Posts
I looked at the Supercells and actually bought one. The problem is, they don't give any measurements on them. It seems they are only intended for 870, 1100, 1187, or the 700 series rifles. I wanted to put it on a Model 32 and it was a good 1/4 inch too short.
Buy a microcell.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys I ordered both. I’ll stick with the Super Cell on that SP Super Mag. I’ll store it muzzle down and see if I get better life out of it.

I picked up a Micorcell S-217314 curved trap pad for my older Citori Trap. I’ve been wanting a thinner pad for this for a long time. 5/8” tkns. & curved. I’ll have to do some fitting most likely but should be easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts