Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at Downrange Wads for Remington STS hull 1 1/8 oz load with Clays powder Win 209 primer. What would be the best Wad for trap DRA12. DRXL 1 1/8 Blue. PC12Red.? For Trap & Skeet in the past I have used Lage Uniwad or WAA12. Thanks

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
Either DownRange DRRF8(4 petal) or DRHF8(8 petal) are my favorites in a STS/Nitro hull.

Yellow Brass Metal Cylinder

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like to know more about DRXL 11/8 Blue wad. I tried Remington's Fig-8 wad did not like how it cycled through Reloader MEC 650. & liked Lage Uniwad very smooth in Reloader. Or is a WAA12. wad the standard & does the wad make much difference in performance?

·
Registered
817 Posts
I think this wad is one of the best. Some dealers may still have some stock that are clear plastic color, newer are orange.

Text Font Material property

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bluskyshooter...I use the Versalite wads in my handicap loads and love them. I'm loading the exact recipe from the Alliant Loading Guide for Greendot at 1250 feet per second and get great patterns through my Blaser. I've use many different wads through the years (44 years reloading) and in my opinion, the Versalite is among the best for handicap and games.

Keith

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Why are you switching from the Win. AA wad. Its the most copied wad in the world, so that tells me something. I use them in both the Rem.'s and the Win. hulls. Downrange makes one, and so does Claybuster. Break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not a WAA12 I just thought there might be something better. I buy in bulk & was also if I should use a different powder than Clays. I shoot Remington Autos always looking for something cleaner.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just started using the DRRF(8) in my PW900. They are giving me a fit! I've had to make numerous adjustments to my wad seating depth and crimp start and finish stations. The last wads I used were Remington Fig 8's with no problems.I'm not sure what the difference is but there is something going on. The shot was too high in the hull to crimp properly. I lowered the wad searting ram a little and took care of that problem. Now I'm getting the crimps straightened out. I'm only using gold Nitos. Any body else having any issues?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.