Trapshooters Forum banner

Remington SP-10

5893 9
A guy at the trap range last night brought one of these with him and I shot it at a straight away target that I let get way out and even though it was a federal clay target it broke hard. I want one of those guns for the upcoming goose season, This guy is on the fence as to weather he will sell his. Just saying I like the semi-auto 10 guage
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
25,339 Posts
The SP-10 makes the 10ga much more comfortable to shoot. If it ain't an SP-10 (or the original old Ithaca) for 10ga, I'm not interested. I've been looking for the 23" camo turkey model with rifle sights, but have not found one yet at the same time my wallet has green in it. With large shot it makes an excellent coyote buster, though it's much heavier than my 1187 coyote gun.

· Registered
10,633 Posts
NOTHING WILL PATTERN NON TOXICS LIKE THE BIG TEN. The 3 1/2" 12 can't compare, and kicks more in a lighter gun.

Shells are the cheapest part of the hunt.

Remmie's Big Ten is about the softest shooting Goose Cannon on the market. A lot more gun than the trouble prone Ithaca, and parts are to be had.

The SP-10 is based on Ithaca's design, but the bugs have been taken out.

· Registered
4,685 Posts
You can buy premium 10ga shells for 25 dollars a box delivered to your door. You can reload premium steel 10ga shells for 11.00 a box.

The gun can be had for 650 if you shop. I still can't outshoot my 10ga with T;s with a 12ga and hevi-shot 2's.

What you use is a function of range. When the birds are CLOSE I use a 28ga with bismuth 5's. Other then that I use a 10ga with T's.

The arguments for using a 12ga are only put forth by those who have never shot a 10ga with big steel.

You will have a 55 yard dead goose/duck whacker with a 10ga magnum and steel T's. I like the Winchester factory load he best and the red cases are the easiest to find.

I use it for all duck shooting as well.

· Registered
566 Posts
While hunting this past fall, I pulled out my sp-10. The guy I was hunting with that day asked why I shoot a 10ga? After that mornings hunt he understood. I have owned 3 of them with 3 different barrel lengths. I prefer the 26" barrel myself. If you look they can be bought in the $500 to $600 range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.