Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,462 Posts
yep b square does

I think they are about worthless as far as accurracy though - why not just get a scope to mount on the rib- cantilver type and use a rifled choke tube or get a fully rifled barrel

but for turkey gun - good enough

Gene

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I had one and they ARE worthless as far as accuracy, go with the cantilivered style

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I had one and they ARE worthless as far as accuracy, go with the cantilivered style

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
Gene is right. If you want a good scope mount for a 870 or 1100, buy a barrel such as a Hastings with the Cantilever mount. That puts the scope where it should be instead of hanging on the receiver pins. Just my opinion anyway and yes i have used the saddle type. The saddle mount i had on an 870 Wingmaster never seemed tight.

My honest suggestion would be to go by you an H&R Ultra Slug Hunter in either 12ga or 20ga. I have the 12ga and its basically a 10ga barrel blank drilled for 12ga which makes it sort of a Bull Barrel slug gun. About the most accurate slug gun with Sabot slugs money can buy. I paid around $285 5 or 6 years ago. For the price it can't be beat. I use the 300gr Hornady SST slugs.--Matt

Here's mine.....

Text Font Line Parallel Screenshot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.