Trapshooters Forum banner

Remington Shot Shells

7542 Views 42 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  MIL-B
Vista Outdoors, which also owns Federal, put out a blurb a few days ago that they were tooling up the Remington Loanoke plant. My question has the Remington plant been shut down during the bankruptcy or was it producing shot shells at a reduced capacity. Vista is planning to rehire about 300-400 laid off plant workers which will double its capacity.and Federal is also ramping up their production. Maybe we'll seen some relief with shotgun ammo before long.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Here is to hoping.
On a side note I hope the quality goes back to what we know from them. A flat of Heavy Dove loads I bought from Academy last dove season, about two to three out of the box I shot from it had the heads separate from the hull while ejecting them from a Wingmaster.

· Registered
206 Posts
I don't believe Vista bought the shotgun manufacturer but I'm not sure who did.
The other asset purchases involve: Roundhill Group LLC buying the non-Marlin firearms business for $13 million; Sierra Bullets LLC paying $30.5 million for its Barnes ammunition business; JJE Capital Holdings LLC for the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands; Franklin Armory Holdings LLC for the Bushmaster brand and related assets; and Sportsman's Warehouse Inc. for the Tapco brands.

Roundhill would acquire a gun factory in Ilion, N.Y., a handful barrel factory in Lenoir City, Tenn., and other assets.
This is the answer. Roundhill bought the non-Marlin firearms business. Ruger bought Marlin.
Don't expect new Remington guns any time soon.

· Premium Member
2,627 Posts
My question, what Remington plant makes the 870 Wingmaster and when will stock be back in stores.
All were made in Ilion, NY until last October. When, if ever, they are made again is anyone's guess. Not for a few months the way it looks...could be wrong, but there is not much information coming out of the new owners and I don't have any contacts with the Firearms business any more.

Scott Hanes

· Registered
1,299 Posts
Panic does strange things to people and when you add in an auction sale well you know, .33 per round for something that should be .05 per round, sounds like the great toilet paper panic this spring, places were gouging people $50 for a 24 roll pack, now that same 24 roll pack is on sale for $9 because people now realize they have a 10 year supply of toilet paper and nobody is buying it, the shelves are loaded.

The same thing will happen with ammo, people are hoarding enough ammo for about 4 or 5 lifetimes of shooting, I know people that have 1,000's or rounds of ammo that they don't even own a gun for ?????? anyway it is what it is, just makes me wonder that's all :unsure:

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ohio. WalMart has AAs and Estates too. Must not be many clay shooters in SE OH that shop at the big boxes.
None of the stores around here have any ammo on their shelves, shotgun, pistol or rifle. Even the off caliber rifle shells are sold. It's crazy I think the gun & ammo manufacturers must back the Democrats for election as everytime we get a Dem President the gun & ammo sales go to new records. My only problem with that is the ammo manufacturers need to tool up & start producing more ammo!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.