Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Remington has another rebate for STS shells that began on August 1. Since no one I know has received their rebate for the May rebate offer I wonder what the prospects are of this one being honored?

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Guess I will wait on my first one before I try again but they say there is one born every minute.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Promotion just ended 7/31 so I am assum8ng that now we should see the rebate check. Maybe they send the rebates out after the promotion. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
They are simply waiting to sell more shells so they have the money to send out for the first round of rebates.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Should be illegal to put another rebate offer out when you haven't paid the first one. Just saying doesn't seem right!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought a REM V3 prior to the end of the April promo for that gun. My daughter gets my mail when we are away. She told me Yesterday that a Remington envelope is on its way to me. I guess it took from 4/20 to 8/3 to get the first rebate. That was BEFORE they declared bankruptcy again.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
My rebate status shows it has been received and is in process. This has not changed in over eight weeks. Ten weeks now since the rebate was submitted.

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
My friends who have done the Winchester rebates have waited for months. It seems helter-skelter who gets theirs when. Federal and Browning seem to get theirs out quicker.

We are in the middle of a pandemic, and these rebate companies seem shady on a good day, so I am neither surprised, not worried just yet.

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Should be illegal to put another rebate offer out when you haven't paid the first one. Just saying doesn't seem right!
Remington has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. I'm not sure how this will effect the first rebate payments.
Once Remington filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, they are basically a new company.
MG

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Companies that do rebates contract with specialized small businesses to handle the rebate processing. They bid these out to the lowest bidder so you can imagine the quality of service needed to be a low bidder for this type of work. These rebate logistics companies do a single rebate in very large batches as it is not efficient to process the one or two or twenty envelopes they get a day. This is why it takes weeks or months to process your rebate. Then they print checks in other big batches. This is why it can take months to receive your rebate as they only do a few large batches per promotion, sometimes just one.

The rebate money they pay out isn't even a rounding error for Remington so the bankruptcy won't have any impact on their payments. I don't believe that they are legally able to back out of a promotion that has been advertised. Relax everyone, you'll get your $100.00!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mailed mine on May 17th, still shows In Process via the online portal. Menards rebates are coming back faster than any of them so far...

1 - 20 of 95 Posts