Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the new Remington R25 guns any good or not. I am looking at one in 308 to deer hunt with, but I dont want to buy a pig-in-a-poke. Also will Colt AR parts work on the R25?

·
Registered
115 Posts
i would think they are pretty good i do know they are made by dpms for remington i doubt the parts will interchange but i have no idea

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
The R25 is a scaled up AR15, so no, most parts will not interchange.<br>
<br>
The R25 is a decent gun, though heavy.<br>
<>br>
My 308 is an old Belgium FN FAL 50.64 Para (came in a Browning sporter box). There's no doubt it's reliable, and is a bit lighter than the R25. But FALs are a pain to scope, and the R25 is designed with optics in mind.<br>
<br>
It's ironic that I bought the FAL so I didn't have to take my antique rifles and Browning 1885's and 1886's out into bad weather. But now the FAL is worth more than they are.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Brian, I have several FAL's and the DS arms Para Congo with their scope mount is rock solid (10 clamps)will shoot 1 1/4 to 1 inch groups with 168 Gold Medals hand feeding and the gas turned off. I also have a FNC para 16" barrel that I got new for $479. but not as accurate as the 308's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.