Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barrel marked 2 3/4 target load only. My ? is what about handicap an annie Oakley loads.
Thanks for looking

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Barrel marked 2 3/4 target load only. My ? is what about handicap an annie Oakley loads.
Thanks for looking[/QUOTE I've never seen a rem. barrel marked like that, maybe someone will let you know. it may have something to do with the barrel thickness on the pro bore.

jack mc

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
If an auto, these guns are rated for loads up to 3 1/4X1 1/4 oz. The auto is over-gassed for Express and Magnum hunting ammo.

Annie loads using a butt-ton of shot over three tablespoons of slow burning powder will not be suitable for an auto with this marking on the barrel. This info is likely in the owner's manual. If not, call Remington tech line.

I have seen such ammo run similarly marked 11/87's without a barrel seal.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
From the Remington website.

The new Model 1100™ Competition Synthetic is super-tuned for the competitive scene. • 30" overbored barrel. • Optimized for 2 ¾" target loads and light field loads. • Nickel-Teflon® finish on receiver and all internal parts for smoother cycling – the most reliable cycling ever. • Barrel has a 10mm target-style rib. • Adjustable comb and cast adjustment options. • High-gloss blued barrel. • Fully adjustable target-style stock with recoil reduction. • Synthetic polymer stock and fore-end finished with a carbon graphite appearance. • Includes full set of 5 extended Briley (Target) choke tubes. Stock includes recoil reducing system andSuperCell™ recoil pad.

The gas ports in the barrel are more open to cycle target loads. Shooting stouter loads will stress the action, and eventually cause things to break.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have one of these guns myself and it's a great shooter. But like has been said its tuned for target loads only. If you shoot anything hotter than 1250 1 1/8 ounce loads you're risking a whole lot of damage. Slamming that bolt into the back of the receiver isn't a healthy thing for the gun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought one of these guns a year ago, my friend gave me over powered loads to shoot on the Annie line. After shooting 10-12 rounds, I managed to get out. Then when cleaning my gun that night, I noticed marks in top of the inside of my receiver. I clean it after each shooting, so I knew these where new. It had 5-6 distinct gauges in the receiver like it hit at different places a time or 2. They weren't severe, I buffed them smooth, but quit shooing anything more than Nitro 27's. No issues after that. I sold it to one of the guys at the club to get a Benelli Performance center auto. I now can shoot anything with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts