Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all.
I just purchased a couple hundred old Remington Post wads (12 ga). Does anyone out there have any load data? From what little I can find on these, it sounds like these were for the very old style Remington hulls...pre-tapered...so I should be looking at using Federal or other straight wall?

By the way...yes, I own a couple of bags of poly-wad spreader inserts. I'm looking for a bit less spread to open up an IC barrel just a little for early season grouse/woodcock and want to try these.

Thanks,
Trail

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
If it's the ones I think, you'll need a low volume case or bulky powder. They would have been designed for the 60's All American case.

PS I don't think you'll obtain the results you seek.

·
Registered
411 Posts
According to a Remington-Peters 1966 catalog they were designed for 16-yd Trap shooting not Skeet. Here is what they stated "Here is how it works. There is a plastic post in the center of the shot wad. As the shot within the wad travels down the barrel, it hits the choke constriction at the muzzle. This pushes the shot against the post in the center of the wad. As the charge emerges from the muzzle, the wad snaps open, releasing the shot to form a perfectly distributed, perfectly sized 16-yard pattern. Uses Post-Wads for all of your 16-yard shooting."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts