Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved a bunch of primed never fired Remington peter hulls and few bags or Remington rxp hulls for 12 ga . I am unable to find load data using these components. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I am looking at a 2nd edition Lyman Manual. Big question what kid of primers are in there? Lyman has a Remington or Peters RXP hull and they show primers as Rem 97*, CCI 209 and Win 209
The book has loads for 700x, Red Dot and Green Dot. I also have a cross reference for a old Dupont guide that only shows 700x and the same listing for primers
What do you need a copy of.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I still have a bunch of those "Blue Magic and Premier Hulls" They are just as good as the Old style AA hulls in my book. As long as they were stored properly. You will know when you load one..

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
They were blue and green back at the time. I still have quite a few of the old blues left. They last many a reloads. I’m sure I have an empty box or two that have the RXP logo on it. It was unique if I remember. Had a protractor, square or something on it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The "even older than RXP" hulls look very similar, but have a very high base wad. I think they also used a "skinny" primer. The guys around here used to force a 209 primer in and load them using a shorter wad as its impossible to get a good stack height with a "normal" wad. They used a wad for 1 1/4oz shot to get correct stack height.
The hulls were very plentiful back in the day and some of the crusty old timers had untold numbers of the hulls.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If they are the old Remington (all American's) load them once and check your barrels each shot then discard as they were notorious for the base wad migrating up
the hull and into the barrel if they are the RXPs or Blue magic's load away.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
^^^ That's pretty cool. I have a couple of those boxes & didn't notice the data on the bottom...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts