Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my older neighbors stopped by one of my places the other morning as I was going to another pasture and I had to get off the tractor to visit.YADA YADA,anyway he had this gun wrapped in a sheet laying in the seat of his truck.Being a little curios I had to know what it was.I asked and his reply was that it was a plastic gun of some sort and was not wood so it could not be much punkin!Long story short,100.00 bucks and a few minutes later I was the owner of a black Apache,chrome receiver and barrel,pretty nice old nylon 66.I had one when I was married to NO.1 but she took that along with a few others when she went somewhere else!It's a pretty nice old gun and will cycle as fast as you can pull the trigger.Extremely accurate and fun to shoot.I think I did good.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Always wanted one of those.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
I paid $75 for mine-yup, the chrome one.. The previous owner (former trapshooter too) got busted for shooting a groundhog at his back yard within city limits. He was so peed off he sold it to me cheap. Sits in the gun cabinet with many others!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got a small wooden block sitting on my desk with a .22" hole in it. It's one of the 100,004 blocks that Tom Frye hit with a Nylon 66 to break Ad Topperwein's aerial record.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I used to have 5 or 6 of these. They made several different color combinations. Also FIE imported one from China that looked a lot like it. I still have one black and chrome one and a model 76 lever action in brown and black. They also made a couple of different bolt actions, model 10, and maybe a 12. Some were clips and some were tube feeds. The first 22 I ever owned was a black and chrome and I tried to shoot it just like my shotgun knowing that I had about 15 shells to shoot to hit something. The first real gun I had was an Ithaca model 66 in .410.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well,I don't think I got to much damage from what I paid for it.I shined it up and gave it a nice bath,looks really nice.I stuck a 3x9 cheap scope on it and it shoots as good as I need.Thanks for the comments on the little jewel,it is a fun shooter.I had forgotten that the record was broken with one of these shooting the little blocks of wood.Says a lot for reliability! Thanks for the comments and reading the post.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
One of my pride and joys is the Remington Nylon 12 bolt action that occupies valuable space in the gun cabinet. It looks close to new!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Mine was stolen years ago. I loved that gun. They are available at Cabela's from time to time in their gun room for about $350.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts