It has a tendency to stick when

you bring the for end forward.

Any advice will be appreciated.

P.M. me if you can.

John

·
Registered
281 Posts
I would take it apart and give it good cleaning, including the trigger assembly and the inside of the receiver. Could just be some crud build-up in the receiver channels and shell stop recesses. Test the trigger for smooth operation after a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Did you just get this gun, or did it just start this recently. As noted above it's most likely just dirty.

When does it "stick", only when chambering a shell-- single loading--pumping a shell out of the magazine??

Be CAREFUL taking it apart if you're not familiar with 31s as they are kinda touchy about coming apart and reassembly.

If you need any more info PM me your phone # and a good to call, and I will try to help, I'm in the Atlanta area so Eastern time zone. Ross Puls

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine was sticky until I cleaned well. Now it is much slicker and smoother. Probably years of dirt built up mixed with oil.

·
Registered
281 Posts
See how it behaves with the trigger assembly out. If it is smooth with the trigger out, something may be lodged in the trigger mechanism.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I had my hands on two last Saturday. One was a bit of a build-up, but was a factory T-C, and the other was all original,T-C (except for front bead replacement), with the English style stock.

Only the second one I have seen with the straight grip stock.

Both were smooth as glass to operate.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Take it apart and clean look for broken, bent or binding parts. Reassemble and check operation as you put the parts back in one at a time. You should be able to find the one that is binding as it goes back together. It is possible that someone put the wrong part in the gun as there were three different series '31, '34 and '41 as I recall. Some parts were different in each of the series and those inside might not fit properly if not matched to the series. I think that one shell stop was different and possibly would bind if not the correct one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts