Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Bought 2 flats of Rem Game Loads in the Black Hulls 1 oz of 8s at 1290fps with the 6 point crimp, anybody ever use these for 16s?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I can't say that I've shot targets with them. I know guys who have and do. They don't have any complaints. I don't reload many steel based hulls but, those 6 pt. black Remmys reload great.

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
Never used them for trap. Use them often for varmint blastin' in dense cover.

·
Premium Member
11,846 Posts
Work fine for trap. I think they use softer shot than STS's and Nitros.

Not low recoil.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have shot a bunch of these in the past and they are fine. Buy them to save money, not to save on recoil as others have said. I used to buy them by the case at the end of the year when Wal-Mart would mark them down. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened in a long time in my neck of the woods. As far as promotional loads go, they are one of the better ones for value and performance. The older ones used to use 8 point crimps. We can thank Remington for thinking of us reloaders again NOT.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Those suckers are pretty high on recoil for a 1 oz. shell. They work fine for 16 yard shooting. To me they load better than the Gun Clubs. They do come with 8 point and some with 6 point crimps. Ed

·
Premium Member
11,846 Posts
benniesdad

Even the 6-pointers reload and crimp nicely in my 366 (with the 8-point crimp starter.)

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"...We can thank Remington for thinking of us reloaders again NOT."</i></blockquote>You can load 6-point and 8 point crimps identically and even do them mixed together. All you need to do is make one low-buck change and swap your 8 point crimp starter for a smooth cone paper hull starter. Have had a smooth cone starter in my loaders for years. MEC, P-W and Hornady all sell them...under $6; others I don't know.

MK

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
IMO, the ONE thing Remington has done right for the last 50 years is make shotshell hulls. I'll bend over to pick up a Remington promo hull....20, 16 or 12 gauge...and leave a shiny new AA on the ground.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
As unknown1 said a "cone starter" will make your life much simpler, also they & STSs last longer than anything else (for me). Also agree with Mike C. but I will pick them (AAs) up & when I get a few clay bird boxes full I sell them here on T.S. as there some that do reload them. My only wish is that they (GCs & black fields) had brass instead of steel heads, if shot new in my gun I don't need to resize them but the pick-ups are harder to resize than the brass. I have not yet had the sticking (in the chamber) problem that others report. IMO best hull on the market, sure hope Rem. doesn't have to cheapen them up to stay competitive with everything else out there. Ross Puls

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.