Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these the other day from my father. My grandfather and his 2 brothers had a wholesale business in Clearfield PA back in the 60's,70's and 80's. I guess he had the cups/mugs
Does anyone know about Remington farms? I also have some pins from there also. Thx.

Jason in PA

·
Registered
483 Posts
Remington had a good size property in Maryland I think . They had ranges Plus waterfowl hunting , upland and a nice lodge . If I recall it was used for vendors , business relations etc .
Hope this helps.
Soup

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
When Remington was owned by DuPont, Remington Farms was operated as a working farm that was used to experiment with various Conservation tactics to keep wildlife flourishing alongside responsible farming. It also served as an ideal venue for entertaining customers with Goose, Duck, Pheasant and Rabbit hunting. National Hunting and Fishing Day activities were open to the public and many hundreds/thousands of local residents could come out and walk the grounds (not hunting). There were few Deer hunting activities for customers since there was no fencing to keep them on the 3500 acre farm. However, the locals who had access to surrounding properties appreciated all the naturally well-fed deer the farm 'grew'.

I was fortunate enough to have taken customers to "The Farms", as it was called, on many occasions. Customers were treated like royalty; food was fantastic and the hunting was first rate. The farm still exists, now as "Chesapeake Farms" since the DuPont folks were smart enough to keep the farm when Remington was sold to the "Big Money" leveraged buyout bastards group in 1993. The glasses have not been made since around that time.

The glasses you have are the same as was used at the farm and were often given to the customers in sets of 4 as a parting gift, among other items. I, too have a set of glasses like yours. They are pretty rare, but not of great value, other than they represent a time gone by. Use them on special occasions, but use only the best spirits you can afford!

Scott Hanes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts