Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in a regional newspaper website that Remington faces default on their huge debt. S&P dropped them from CCC+ to CCC-. That considered junk-bond level.

If Remington defaults, S&P expects first-lien creditors to receive about 35 cents per dollar lent or invested, and lower-rated creditors to be back nothing.

I wonder if the blow-out sales on Gun Club ammo are a desperate attempt to raise cash.

Sorry, the article is behind a pay-wall so I can't post it.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Y'know, the part they don't understand is that we vote with our feet. We don't complain about their business practices, or shoddy products, or self serving videos and lies, we simply walk away. The primer fiasco is a good example

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
Hope they make it through this, we do not need any gun related companies folding.
The double edged sword of not having Hillary become President is taking its toll on many of them.
I was tickled to death when Trump won not realizing his Presidency would have this type effect.
Part of it was their fault by having way too much inventory because they thought Trump would lose.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
We loose our American MFG's the import shells price will rise substantially. I still wonder why they can ship here that cheap.. they must have had a stock pile of lead. To me that is the main cost of a shot shell is the cost of lead.

But look around.. All American businesses are not financially well. All in the name of trade with other countries to get back investments that were made there to spur their economies... time to come home and take care of American businesses

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If the company goes under, it will be hard for us that reload their shells.
Defaulting on debt is far away from "going under"
They get to shed that debt and start over.
There is more than one way to play the bankruptcy card, I'm sure a company as large as Remington will know exactly what they are doing

·
Registered
683 Posts
I wonder if any of their troubles stem from one part of the conglomerate raiding capital from big green? The election may not be the only thing at work here.

If they had asked any 1911 guy about taking on para ord; I think the answer would have been nearly unanimous in the negative. Look at how many items cdnn has been trying to sell from Remington and para-ord. Cdnn specializes in buying and selling slow movers: guns, ammo, knives and other products.

CDNN SPORTS - CDNN Sports - Huge Savings on Guns and Magazines

Note: looks like cdnn changed their name since last time I opened their site. Wonder what that means?

Black and Camo ARs are not doing too good either. They went south for everybody in that market.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Just got a flyer from Rural King--looking @ the prices of Remington guns ,must be having a going out of business sale=guess when their best sales persons were fired (Hillary & Obozo)-- they had way to much production

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Zoom.Golly started a thread on this subject yesterday.

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
all the gun companies and ammo manufacturers sales are way down since the 2016 election. S&W and Ruger stocks are down. Don't know about other's.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Just got a flyer from Rural King--looking @ the prices of Remington guns ,must be having a going out of business sale=guess when their best sales persons were fired (Hillary & Obozo)-- they had way to much production

Phil Berkowitz
Their black Friday sales flyer doesn't seem to offer deals (on Remington) any better than Cabelas.

I'm looking/waiting for a good deal on the 1100 competition, so if anyone sees that for a good price I would appreciate a lead.

- as kind of a "rainy day" gun, all composite material, etc.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts