Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about puchasing a 90t and was wondering if the low rib guns shoot much flatter than the high ribs. I am shooting a gun that shoots fairly high right now and don't want to go to somethng flat shooting. I know these guns are heavy but I have been shooting an O/U for quite awhile and think this would suit me well.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
You need a high rib and I just happen to have one for sale that is in really nice shape and tight ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Premium Member
10,398 Posts
It depends on the gun- and low rib guns are more available, less expensive and the rib is bullet proof.

Try to find one or two locally and shoot them

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you are looking for a gun that shoots over 70/30, the 90T is not it. I sent one of my High Ribs to Briley to have the choke tubes off set. Only then would shoot over 70%. The cost wasn over $300.00. "Most" low ribs shoot 60/40. Also remember the are 4 different stocks. All have a different drop and are numbered. My High ribs were over 10 lbs. jim

·
5,369 Posts
I shoot them both. I started with the low rib and recently acquired an HPAR.

Its ridiculous, but I shoot the fixed low rib better at yardage!

Great shotguns, built like brick $hithouses...

Jay

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to shoot one but can't find any local dealers that have one and don't like asking to shoot someone else's gun.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I have not shot the high rib 90-T as of yet but the comb (factory) is adjustable and I would imagine the gun would shoot over 100% high if set up right ... I will take it to the club and try it and see what happens, now I'm curious ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Here's the scoop on the two guns....

The std/low rib 90-Ts will shoot approx 60/40...3-4" high at 40yds.

The high adjustable rib 90-Ts can be adjusted from approx 50/50..dead on target at 40yds, to approx 70/30, 6-7" high at 40yds.

The were about 25-30 after market ribs made for the 90-T to allow them to shoot in the 70%-90% range.

All of the above patterning was done from a rest with the beads in a fig 8. As WPT said above, you can make any gun shoot as high as you like by raising the comb and disregarding the fig 8 bead picture. You could also talk to Neil Winston about his bbl bending procedures.

Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.