Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I picked this up at a gun show in northern Alabama yesterday. Does anyone have any info on these like when they were made? it looks factory to me but I cant find much info out there. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not a Hastings, it is a factory barrel as it has all of the right proof markings and such. It is fixed full choke.
I have heard that factory 36" were made, but most found are custom jobs or hasting barrels.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
In 35 years at Remington, never even HEARD of that barrel length. Couldn't be but a handful or fewer of those.

John Mann (gunsmith Remington employs for the Grand) sold a 34" during the shoot for $350. FYI...

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I would look VERY closely for a seam, joint, or evidence of modification. Its possible someone grafted a piece onto a shorter barrel to make it this length, to make a turkey shoot barrel out of. These long barrels are relatively common for turkey shoots, but don't sport the factory markings as they are grafted closer to the chamber. What does the bore look like (any visible modifications?). What does the choke mic out at?

What little is shown of the rib, it doesn't look like any factory rib I've seen (taller and a sharper angle ramp).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In 35 years at Remington, never even HEARD of that barrel length. Couldn't be but a handful or fewer of those.

John Mann (gunsmith Remington employs for the Grand) sold a 34" during the shoot for $350. FYI...

Scott Hanes
Scott,
Thank you for the info. Congrats on 35 years, I just started my career with Remington this year!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would look VERY closely for a seam, joint, or evidence of modification. Its possible someone grafted a piece onto a shorter barrel to make it this length, to make a turkey shoot barrel out of. These long barrels are relatively common for turkey shoots, but don't sport the factory markings as they are grafted closer to the chamber. What does the bore look like (any visible modifications?). What does the choke mic out at?

What little is shown of the rib, it doesn't look like any factory rib I've seen (taller and a sharper angle ramp).
The bore looks great, I will agree the rib looks different than most Remingtons but professional enough to be factory. I took some pics of the ends of the barrel.
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Deluxe 36” - Remington Model 870 or 1100 with factory sights, sleeved, match chamber, blued........................................$495

Custom ordered from Remingotn

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Stampings show the barrel has been buffed and reblued at least once, in fact it looks like it was buffed and blued once then beadblasted and blued later.

Every factory barrel I've seen put the bead at the very end of the rib, not set back quite a way from the muzzle.

I'd be amazed if this was bone stock factory.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts