Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 870 competition trap yesterday for a fair price.It had a little rust and was not cleaned and oiled to often ,so I took it apart and removed rust and gave it a good cleaning.I will see if the gas system is working later today by taking a few shots with it.The gun is unaltered.It has a serial number that starts V9496.I was wondering what year this would be.

Thanks,
joe

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just picked up a 870 competition trap yesterday for a fair price.It had a little rust and was not cleaned and oiled to often ,so I took it apart and removed rust and gave it a good cleaning.I will see if the gas system is working later today by taking a few shots with it.The gun is unaltered.It has a serial number that starts V9496.I was wondering what year this would be.

Thanks,
joe

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
If you think the barrel is original to the gun, there is a two-letter code on the left side at the rear of the barrel that will get you close to the gun's production date. I have a chart that converts that code to the month and year the BARREL was made.

Ed

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
If you think the barrel is original to the gun, there is a two-letter code on the left side at the rear of the barrel that will get you close to the gun's production date. I have a chart that converts that code to the month and year the BARREL was made.

Ed

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Joe, get your barrel code and go to the Remington Society website above and you should be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
the best way is call 1-800-243- 9700 That is Remingtons phone number and they have a date of firearm manufactuare, Just give them the serial # and they tell you all about your gun.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.
According to remington website it was made in 1979.It must be an early model because I thought they were released in 1980 or 1981.

thanks,
joe

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Joe if you call the # I listed they will tell you the month and year and anything else you want to know about it. I call them everytime I get a Remington.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.