Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old 788 22-250. Shoots great, but would like a better trigger on the thing. Can they be adjusted??? Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, I kinda like these ugly old things too. They can be smithed some. Best way is a new Timney trigger. Some of them shoot well enough to justify the cost!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
dont mess with them the old posts will make them un safe they work as is just change your pull they are a crisp and LEAVE it at that go slow and it WILL work

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Talk with a highly reputable gunsmith and the trigger can be worked to be as good as any other hunting rifle. I had two that were both at 1 3/4 lbs. Plenty light for hunting. No creep either. Greg Tanel(Gre-Tan Rifles)did both mine and he is an awesome rifle builder.

·
Registered
70 Posts
About 30 years ago, there was an article in one of the gun magazines that explained how to make the standard Remington 788 trigger into an adjustable trigger. At the time I altered several such triggers, and they worked great. The bad news is that I no longer have the article, so you will need to do a search through the typical publications of that time (e.g. Shooting Times, Guns and Ammo, etc). I am certain that if you can find the article, and if you make the alterations, you will be pleased with the outcome.

Bill

·
Registered
399 Posts
Texasbilly,
I also used that same article and did several adj triggers for myself and friends. I might still have that article, but could also check the one a friend of mine still has. Really was not hard to do, and with good results. Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.