Trapshooters Forum banner

remington 760 308 carbine value?

9740 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Savage99Stan
A neighbor is selling an old 760 Carbine pump in .308 it is well used. the stock has numerous dings and scrapes. the barrel has a scratch which is rusting.
the receiver has a scratch and bluing worn on most edges. Has a 3x9 bushnel with a folding mount. any idea what it is worth? I looked all over online and have not found one in .308 to compare to. Lots of 30.06 out there.

thanks

joe
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
316 Posts
That price sounds about right, but Blue book value is not the end all for value, and are just a guage to start a value. It's what they are selling for currently and the demand that really makes the value. A used rifle like you describe, although useable, would probably sell for $200 plus fees at my local auction hall. I wouldn't go any higher myself. Between neighbors, I think $175 would be better. I always consider the resale value and one like you describe would be a tough sale for any more money. It's just a basic pump deer rifle. They're inherently accurate, but nothing special. Scope is basic, and doesn't add any value. With the condition, it's a good knockabout gun for big game when you have to crawl through brush, when the weather's bad, or for the first time hunter.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.